New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · New monitor

J4644
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New monitor

Hi,

I have a Dell 2209 monitor that was recommended by FMer's 2-3 years ago. I have been very happy it with but I think it may be time for a new one. What would be the monitor to get today as far as bang for the buck and easily calibrated?

Thank you,

Jim

Jul 15, 2014 at 03:46 PM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New monitor

I would wait for the best budget 27" or larger 4K IPS my money could buy.

Jul 15, 2014 at 06:46 PM
RyanGphoto
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New monitor

I love my NEC MultiSync 27" with NEC Calibration system

Ryan G

Jul 15, 2014 at 10:15 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New monitor

J4644 wrote:
Hi,

I have a Dell 2209 monitor that was recommended by FMer's 2-3 years ago. I have been very happy it with but I think it may be time for a new one. What would be the monitor to get today as far as bang for the buck and easily calibrated?

Thank you,

Jim

what price are you willing to pay?
If you are willing to pay a decent bit more you can make the huge leap to 4k (and internal calibration) or somewhat decent bit more to internal calibration. If you are looking for the same price monitor I don't know that they have really improved them much in the last couple years so it might just be paying money to get the same thing again.

Jul 16, 2014 at 01:32 PM
J4644
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New monitor

Hi Guys,

I had an NEC before this monitor and could not get it calibrated properly and that was using their software. As for price, I do not mind paying $600 - $1,000 but it has to be able to be calibrated easily and consistently. I do not know what the problem was with the NEC, so I cannot answer any of those questions. As for 4K, I admittedly do not know enough about it at this point to make any conclusions. I will look into it however.

Thank you,

Jim

Jul 16, 2014 at 03:02 PM
DLP
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New monitor

I just picked up a Dell U2412M for under $300. Specs are almost identical to my older HP ZR24W which was nearly 2x the price 4 years ago. The Dell is thinner and lighter.

Dave

Jul 16, 2014 at 03:06 PM
roger lund
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New monitor

The ColorEdge CG276?

http://www.eizo.com/global/products/coloredge/cg276/index.html

the A302W-BK-SV ?

http://www.necdisplay.com/p/desktop-monitors/pa302w-bk-sv

Jul 16, 2014 at 03:42 PM
J4644
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · New monitor

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

Jim

Jul 20, 2014 at 03:18 PM
shutterbug guy
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · New monitor

DLP wrote:
I just picked up a Dell U2412M for under $300. Specs are almost identical to my older HP ZR24W which was nearly 2x the price 4 years ago. The Dell is thinner and lighter.

Dave

+1 on the U2412M. Simular to the OP's 22" it is a no frills IPS monitor that gets the job done for a reasonable price, better resolution than the 22" also.

Jul 20, 2014 at 03:28 PM
philshoots
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · New monitor

+1 for the ColorEdge CG276. Love mine.

A few months ago Calumet was doing great deals on them.

Jul 20, 2014 at 08:20 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · New monitor

J4644 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I had an NEC before this monitor and could not get it calibrated properly and that was using their software. As for price, I do not mind paying $600 - $1,000 but it has to be able to be calibrated easily and consistently. I do not know what the problem was with the NEC, so I cannot answer any of those questions. As for 4K, I admittedly do not know enough about it at this point to make any conclusions. I will look into it however.

Thank you,

Jim

Hmm what NEC?
I found the PA trivial to calibrate with Spectraview II. Easiest, breeziest ever.

Anyway I just moved from a PA241W to a Dell UP2414Q UHD (4k-ish) monitor. Mind blowing. Calibrates well internally (although much more slowly than the NEC and it the profiling step is perhaps done a touch better with Agyll+DispCAL than with the Dell software).

Jul 21, 2014 at 01:39 AM
J4644
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · New monitor

skibum5,

I cannot remember which unit it was. It was the first year that the wide gamut units came out and I think it was a 24 inch, but am not positive. Thanks for the info on your new Dell.

Jim

Jul 24, 2014 at 08:46 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.