Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Reservoir Sunset

myko5

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Reservoir Sunset

I don't normally shoot landscapes, as I am a portrait photographer for the most part. I had a week off from work and was at camp with my D800 and figured I would go down to the beach and see what I could get. We have had some crazy weather in the area lately, but this is actually one of the calm nights. ISO 50 equivalent, f/16, 13s.

Any comments or suggestions is welcome.

Jul 14, 2014 at 07:38 PM
Timmeh
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Reservoir Sunset

Very nice leading line, but it doesn't appear to be leading anywhere. I would definitely come back here, and hope for a nice cloud, or the sun poking out from behind a cloud because that line is really something.

Tim

Jul 15, 2014 at 07:06 PM
myko5

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Reservoir Sunset

Tim-

I go back about every weekend, so I will probably be getting some more attempts in. I actually have some shots before the sun went down over the horizon, I just haven't gotten to them yet. I spent most of my time down there doing a short time lapse. I like to get out of my comfort zone and try some other features on my camera that I don't ever use. Getting above F/5.6 is pretty unusual for me.

Jul 16, 2014 at 11:29 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.