New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Critiques please

pike40
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Critiques please

What are your thoughts on this? I ended up cropping the right side out of this image, due to my lack of cloning skills I just could not clean up the image enough for my tastes. Appreciate anything you are willing to share.

Mike

© pike40 2014

The original

© pike40 2014

The crop with some additional PP

Jul 13, 2014 at 09:42 AM
Camperjim
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Critiques please

I prefer the original image.

When I look at these, I cannot help but think of the couple of years I spent with a camera club and camera club competitions. This would not have done well in competition. I can hear the comments. Too complex, dead/ugly sticks, no clear center of interest or subject, etc, etc. Well those are the reasons I like this. There are details to look at and contemplate everywhere in the image. The image also seems sharp everywhere which helps to make the complexity interesting.

You might want to look at the blue saturation. It seems excessive on my monitor.

Jul 13, 2014 at 06:18 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Critiques please

+1 @ blue, i.e. mixed lighting in the scene.

Jul 13, 2014 at 06:28 PM
pike40
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Critiques please

Camperjim wrote:
I prefer the original image.

When I look at these, I cannot help but think of the couple of years I spent with a camera club and camera club competitions. This would not have done well in competition. I can hear the comments. Too complex, dead/ugly sticks, no clear center of interest or subject, etc, etc. Well those are the reasons I like this. There are details to look at and contemplate everywhere in the image. The image also seems sharp everywhere which helps to make the complexity interesting.

You might want to look at the blue saturation. It seems excessive
...Show more

---------------------------------------------

RustyBug wrote:
+1 @ blue, i.e. mixed lighting in the scene.

Thanks for the comments Jim and Rustybug. I desaturated the blue in the attached image. Jim, you bring up a lot of points that I was sorting out with this image. I like the complexity of the creek images and am drawn to them for that reason. When I am hiking I like these places and often shoot them while I am there. Thanks for the comments and please take a look at the revision.

Thanks to both of you for the comments.

Mike

Revised

Jul 13, 2014 at 07:02 PM
Prevelige
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Critiques please

Mike, I prefer the second, cropped image. The part of this image that works the most for me is the sense of motion in the water in the center of the frame. The rest is too busy for my eye. The image brings back a question that I have been asked before. What is the subject of the image, and what is the object? The object here is pretty clear, the subject for me is less clear. I hope this helps you at least a little bit.

Bob

Jul 14, 2014 at 09:20 PM
pike40
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Critiques please

Prevelige wrote:
Mike, I prefer the second, cropped image. The part of this image that works the most for me is the sense of motion in the water in the center of the frame. The rest is too busy for my eye. The image brings back a question that I have been asked before. What is the subject of the image, and what is the object? The object here is pretty clear, the subject for me is less clear. I hope this helps you at least a little bit.

Bob

Thank you for taking the time to comment Bob, appreciate the feedback.

Mike

Jul 15, 2014 at 04:54 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.