New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Custer State Park Guides

rcm123
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Custer State Park Guides

I am planning a trip to Custer State Park later this summer, primarily to photograph the bison. I am aware that open-air jeep tours are available. Does anyone know whether you can arrange to have such a jeep tour just for your family (to concentrate on photo ops).

Jul 13, 2014 at 08:43 AM
Taoguy
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Custer State Park Guides

I'm not sure why you need an open air jeep tour in Custer. Will you be in a rental or without vehicle? The buffalo in Custer are the most easily accessible I know of. The park just isn't that big and I have traveled off road but most of the buffalo move continually so its not hard to photograph them close up.

I've been to Custer State park countless time, always stop on my annual trip out to Wyoming/Montana. The center of the park has dirt roads but unless you hit something unusual a car will easily provide all the access you would need. If you are going in August it will be dry more than likely.

Get into the park early and you'll have the wildlife to yourself, by early I mean before sunrise.

Gerard

Jul 13, 2014 at 11:04 AM
rcm123
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Custer State Park Guides

Gerard, thanks for the information. Yes, we will have a rental car, so it looks like we will be in good shape. I didn't realize that the bison were so accessible. Thanks again.

Jul 13, 2014 at 09:51 PM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.