Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Steve Tinetti, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

What do you guys think of these shots?

hunt4fun

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · What do you guys think of these shots?

Looking for a little critique

Jul 13, 2014 at 02:08 AM
lilyphoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · What do you guys think of these shots?

Hey there.

The first photo appears to be miss focused. The focus is on the background rather than the couple. It also looks like maybe it was over exposed and you corrected in post. I am not a fan of their skin tone. It's too red. I would work on your viewpoint as well. It looks like you were lower and shoot up towards the couple which isn't flattering when you're this close up.

The second shot has better editing -- much more pleasing skin tone. The composition could be better --The bottom of the dress is cut off in an awkward place. I like the gold doors and would like to see more of them.

Hope this helps some.

Jul 13, 2014 at 05:40 PM
othfilm
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · What do you guys think of these shots?

Agreed on #2, I'd either want a tighter shot (where I can't see 3/4ths of the circle emblem) so that Im focused on her and the reflection of her. Or I'd want a wider shot, where I see less of the detail/texture of her reflection, but I get a better sense of the space.

Both have a point-and-shoot camera infinite depth of field look to them that I think hurts #1 the most. I don't really want to see the clear detail of the cars and trees in the background

Jul 14, 2014 at 05:40 AM
sboerup
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · What do you guys think of these shots?

Having shot at this temple and knowing the significance of it to the couple, I'll bet $1M that the couple loves it

lilyphoto, Having it in focus is neither a pro nor con in my opinion. The purpose of this photo is both the edifice and their relationship.

My only "critique" is abou the cars being in the photo, as it detracts from the overall feel of the image.

Outside of that, it's hard to give meaningful critique when we don't know the intention of the critique. Without knowing the intention of your photographic methods, like why you chose the lighting, angle, depth of field, composition, etc, then any critique we might lend is just a reflection of how we would shoot it differently, and what we consider to be "correct".

Jul 14, 2014 at 07:15 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

JandALight
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · What do you guys think of these shots?

I agree with most everyone's assessment here.

#1 should probably be framed as to not include the rail and cars in the background. I think that there is quite an nice shot with the couple and spires behind them. The road and rail just distract. Figure out the focus issues (keep te detail in the background or use a shallow dof...what you have now is in between, with the couple being mostly out of focus)

In #2 I'd prefer a tighter shot either framing the bride and her reflection or making use of the old on the wall and it's contrast with the purple shawl. Bud change her facial expression to something more contemplative/more beauty (perhaps closed eyes with a serene mouth posture) than looking like she was me tardily distracted while you were taking the picture.

Either way, I think that working the scene a bit more would have yielded better results. Guilty of not exhausting a scene at times, so I can understand if you didn't here. Perhaps post a few more from the set so that we can get a sense of what you wanted to capture that day.

Jul 14, 2014 at 04:02 PM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · What do you guys think of these shots?

I agree, that first pic looks a little soft, overexposed, with unnatural skin tones
second looks fine

Jul 16, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Jamesbjenkins
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · What do you guys think of these shots?

1- overexposed, weak composition due to the cars, weird post work done on their faces. Not terrible overall, but could be much stronger.

2- weak composition due to cut off dress and emblems, centering of subject. Colors and contrast look fine here. Image really could have benefited from a reflector camera right to throw nice light on her face.

Jul 25, 2014 at 06:28 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password