Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · My sister in law commented on my photo...

Herb
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · My sister in law commented on my photo...

dmacmillan wrote:
Ask away and no question is silly. I agree that portraiture is challenging. Figure skaters also make it look easy, but we both know it comes from learning technique and practicing.

I understand your intent on using Canon flashes although you have Einsteins. It's just very hard to set lights without the benefit of a modeling light unless you have had tons of experience.

When my older son took up French horn and our younger son took up trombone, we scrimped and saved to buy them professional grade instruments. It's much harder to play an inferior instrument. The same goes for camera
...Show more
indoor pool/indoor hot tub, there may be some ambient light but we start at 7 until about 9.....

Jul 15, 2014 at 08:48 PM
heymate

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · My sister in law commented on my photo...

Cool shot!

Jul 15, 2014 at 10:09 PM
CW100
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · My sister in law commented on my photo...

Herb wrote:
EDIT: there seems to be confusion about my post, sorry. This is not my sister in law. Her comment was meant to mean, you can make the photo look great because you have a great looking subject. I am not so great looking so if you are really good you should be able to do the same for me. My sister in law is 50, not 21.....she wants me to make her look 21 again.....

I've seen it done with Photoshop

Jul 16, 2014 at 07:30 AM
Herb
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · My sister in law commented on my photo...

after trying again, this is with minimal Portrait Pro.......

© Herb 2014

light Portrait Pro

Jul 17, 2014 at 09:30 PM
hicohen
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · My sister in law commented on my photo...

I like the photo. Thanks for sharing a great capture.
Howard

Jul 17, 2014 at 10:37 PM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · My sister in law commented on my photo...

Herb - This is much better than the original version on all accounts. She's a very pretty girl with a great smile. You should take a lot of pictures of her. BTW, my knees are steel and polyethylene. Thought they would be titanium but I was wrong. DePuy. Maybe different brands are different. Magnets don't stick but they do set off metal detectors.

Jul 18, 2014 at 02:42 AM
Herb
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · My sister in law commented on my photo...

You are right, I set off every metal detector. We travel and fly a lot. I have gotten used to being patted down and my shorts heading south. Once there was middle teenager that saw way more that she wanted when during the pat down my regular shorts, no belt headed south.

So I warn the TSA agents now and they usually have me hold them on one side. :-)

Peter Figen wrote:
Herb - This is much better than the original version on all accounts. She's a very pretty girl with a great smile. You should take a lot of pictures of her. BTW, my knees are steel and polyethylene. Thought they would be titanium but I was wrong. DePuy. Maybe different brands are different. Magnets don't stick but they do set off metal detectors.

Jul 18, 2014 at 06:17 AM
       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.