Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Two more from Banff NP (maybe JAMWS :)

VanIsle
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Two more from Banff NP (maybe JAMWS :)

I had to chuckle at Justin Grimm's acronym he mentioned on my other post from this outing. "JAMWS" - Just Another Milky Way Shot The honest feedback was appreciated. I am still happy with that shot.

Here are the other two shots from that outing that I was satisfied with. These were shot with Rokinon 24/1.4 @f/2 as opposed to the 16-35/4 I used for the other image. There was some atmospheric haze, and ambient light from the town of Banff that led to some slight color casts in a small part of the sky that I haven't been able to clear out. I went for a bit more punch in the processing, but tried not to go over the top - a subjective matter. I've hesitated to share them, as I go back and forth on how much I like them. Often times the community voice is different from my internal one, so I figured the heck with it. C&C always welcome and appreciated.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Jul 12, 2014 at 05:51 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Two more from Banff NP (maybe JAMWS :)

Hey Jeremy,

It's hard to get tired of Milky Way shots. At least I don't. These both look nice, I think I am leaning towards #1 being my favorite here.

Jim

Jul 12, 2014 at 11:45 PM
pike40
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Two more from Banff NP (maybe JAMWS :)

I never get tired of looking at Milky Way images either, nice job on these, #1 would be my choice as well.

Mike

Jul 13, 2014 at 07:19 AM
sorpa
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Two more from Banff NP (maybe JAMWS :)

#1 for me Jeremy. Gorgeous!
Hopefully I'll get to Banff next summer.

Jul 13, 2014 at 10:21 PM
dgdg
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Two more from Banff NP (maybe JAMWS :)

Nice photos. I like #1 a bit more for the foreground.
Make sure to correct for vignetting in the sky portion.
The milky way is too bright, for my tastes, on the lower left. You can bring down the blown milky way portions for better detail and color in this section.
Low level haze and air glow is what it is. It's always a tradeoff between cropping it out or leaving it natural looking. I think you made the right choice here.

I don't believe in JAMWS.

David

Jul 14, 2014 at 07:33 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.