New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2014 · Fall Family Photoshoot

Hardcore
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fall Family Photoshoot

Photoshoot I did with my family last fall. Tripod, 300mm f2.8, timer and lots of running!

Thanks for looking,
Corey

Edited on Jul 12, 2014 at 12:23 PM · View previous versions

Jul 12, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Hardcore
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fall Family Photoshoot

Few more.....

Jul 12, 2014 at 11:53 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fall Family Photoshoot

A fine set. I find some shots are too big to enjoy without scrolling.

Your #1 shot has that bright light on the side of the man's face, but other than that, I really like this set.

Jul 12, 2014 at 12:19 PM
jodo
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fall Family Photoshoot

very nice. #4 is my fave if i must pick... it has so much personality - but then they all do. I appreciate the largish file size.

Jul 12, 2014 at 02:54 PM
chuhsi1
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fall Family Photoshoot

Beautiful pictures.

How far away is the camera with a 300m lens?

Jul 12, 2014 at 04:36 PM
Clayton G
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fall Family Photoshoot

Ahh, I imagine there was lots of running with a 300mm! Great results though!

As you probably noticed on the first the hot spots are a little distracting, but the rest are all fantastic!

Jul 12, 2014 at 04:38 PM
terenceng
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fall Family Photoshoot

very nice. How about getting a remote shutter release for your next shoot.

Jul 12, 2014 at 05:46 PM
Hardcore
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fall Family Photoshoot

Jim Rickards wrote:
A fine set. I find some shots are too big to enjoy without scrolling.

Your #1 shot has that bright light on the side of the man's face, but other than that, I really like this set.

Thanks. Ya, blown highlights on my face, but still have it on the wall and it doesn't bother me that much.

---------------------------------------------

jodo wrote:
very nice. #4 is my fave if i must pick... it has so much personality - but then they all do. I appreciate the largish file size.

Ya, one of my favourites too! Thanks!

chuhsi1 wrote:
Beautiful pictures.

How far away is the camera with a 300m lens?

Thanks. Probably about 25 yards maybe? Just a ballpark....

Clayton G wrote:
Ahh, I imagine there was lots of running with a 300mm! Great results though!

As you probably noticed on the first the hot spots are a little distracting, but the rest are all fantastic!

Thanks!

terenceng wrote:
very nice. How about getting a remote shutter release for your next shoot.

Thanks! I have one, but the kids liked running and it made them smile. Win, win!

Jul 12, 2014 at 05:51 PM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fall Family Photoshoot

These are lovely mate, beautiful location and the 300 has produced beautiful images...I've taken my own family shots too a couple of years ago. As you said a lot of running. Get yourself a cheap wireless trigger...makes things easier.

Jul 12, 2014 at 09:11 PM
Toad23

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Fall Family Photoshoot

Very nice, I do mine as well, so I understand the running. I fixed that by using the intervalometer, you end up with quite a few throwaways, but it works great for me.

Jul 12, 2014 at 10:25 PM
GoodEgg
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Fall Family Photoshoot

Great set, beautiful family. I notice your son's hands have to be restrained :-) I remember having to do that with my son and grandson. Grabby lil guys....

Jul 13, 2014 at 02:25 AM
DaveOls
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Fall Family Photoshoot

Five is my favorite where your son is picking up the stick.

Jul 13, 2014 at 06:38 AM
Kenneth Farver
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Fall Family Photoshoot

These are great, thanks for sharing
Soon, you will be on the sports sidelines shooting while they are running.
The time will go fast.
Enjoy your family and hobby.

Jul 13, 2014 at 06:42 AM
Hardcore
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Fall Family Photoshoot

bbourizk wrote:
These are lovely mate, beautiful location and the 300 has produced beautiful images...I've taken my own family shots too a couple of years ago. As you said a lot of running. Get yourself a cheap wireless trigger...makes things easier.

Thanks! I have a trigger. I just find, it is easier to get the kids to smile after you have ran like an idiot for 20 yards. More exciting than, "stare at the camera and smile".

Toad23 wrote:
Very nice, I do mine as well, so I understand the running. I fixed that by using the intervalometer, you end up with quite a few throwaways, but it works great for me.

Thanks!

GoodEgg wrote:
Great set, beautiful family. I notice your son's hands have to be restrained :-) I remember having to do that with my son and grandson. Grabby lil guys....

Yes, they are. Also to keep his thumb out of his mouth.... Thanks for looking!

DaveOls wrote:
Five is my favorite where your son is picking up the stick.

Thanks Dave!

Kenneth Farver wrote:
These are great, thanks for sharing
Soon, you will be on the sports sidelines shooting while they are running.
The time will go fast.
Enjoy your family and hobby.

Time does go way too fast. Thanks Kenneth!

Jul 13, 2014 at 01:12 PM
Sharona
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Fall Family Photoshoot

These are wonderful photos of your family! If I may share one thought, it would be to consider varying your location a bit. I know sometimes it's not possible, and perhaps you won't be displaying these altogether anyway, but I'd have loved to see some other backgrounds with your kids. Just my 2 cents. Nice work getting yourself in there!

Jul 13, 2014 at 03:34 PM
Herb
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Fall Family Photoshoot

Your photos are great! It wasn't till the end of reading that I realized that those were photos that you had to run into! The kids clearly loved the running dad was doing!

If you had a CamRanger and cell phone you could see what you were going to get and trigger from where you stand....,that is what I use...you can also see the results quickly on a larger screen.....

Jul 13, 2014 at 05:19 PM
mitchel674
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Fall Family Photoshoot

These are fun. I will often do the same with my family. I generally set the camera on interval timer and have it shoot 10 photos taken 5 seconds apart. This gives me a chance to run in, but we also get a chance to mix it up with a bunch of shots in each series.

Jul 13, 2014 at 06:45 PM
JVillPhoto1

p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Fall Family Photoshoot

I'm not sure what I am more impressed with....the photos themselves or the fact that the kids are actually cooperating...haha

Jul 13, 2014 at 10:56 PM
kezeka
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Fall Family Photoshoot

I have been looking at picking up a 300 for portraits, have you used it regularly for this purpose? Do you like using it for portraits over other focal lengths?

Edit: meant to add that these are great portraits! Love the ones of your kids playing

Jul 13, 2014 at 11:44 PM
Hardcore
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Fall Family Photoshoot

Sharona wrote:
These are wonderful photos of your family! If I may share one thought, it would be to consider varying your location a bit. I know sometimes it's not possible, and perhaps you won't be displaying these altogether anyway, but I'd have loved to see some other backgrounds with your kids. Just my 2 cents. Nice work getting yourself in there!

The kids only had about 20 minutes in them or else I would have tried another location. I agree though, more than 1 location and background would have been much better. Thanks!

Herb wrote:
Your photos are great! It wasn't till the end of reading that I realized that those were photos that you had to run into! The kids clearly loved the running dad was doing!

If you had a CamRanger and cell phone you could see what you were going to get and trigger from where you stand....,that is what I use...you can also see the results quickly on a larger screen.....

I have looked into a Cam Ranger.... might have to re-consider! Thanks Herb.

mitchel674 wrote:
These are fun. I will often do the same with my family. I generally set the camera on interval timer and have it shoot 10 photos taken 5 seconds apart. This gives me a chance to run in, but we also get a chance to mix it up with a bunch of shots in each series.

Thanks Mitchel. That is what I did too. Timer mode with 9 shots.

JVillPhoto1 wrote:
I'm not sure what I am more impressed with....the photos themselves or the fact that the kids are actually cooperating...haha

HA, Thanks! This was the only photoshoot I have done with my family so far that has turned out!

kezeka wrote:
I have been looking at picking up a 300 for portraits, have you used it regularly for this purpose? Do you like using it for portraits over other focal lengths?

Edit: meant to add that these are great portraits! Love the ones of your kids playing

Thanks! I really don't like using the 300mm for portraits. It is too far away. It produces amazing results, but if I had to choose a lens for portraits it would be the 200mm F2.

Jul 14, 2014 at 08:19 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.