Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Upward Mobility ...

... may require a little shifting.

Jul 11, 2014 at 09:43 PM
gregfixit
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Upward Mobility ...

I like it but every time I looked at it I couldn't help but think "what good is upward if you aren't going forward"?

It may be better with asphalt in the background. Even blurred asphalt?

Cool concept.

Greg

Edited on Jul 14, 2014 at 08:51 PM · View previous versions

Jul 13, 2014 at 01:41 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Upward Mobility ...

Thanks Greg ... good point @ forward. I'll definitely find some asphalt in the future and maybe a different boot or two.

This is mostly a concept shot I grabbed of my own foot with a T5i kit (trying to learn) ... kinda adds new meaning to shooting yourself in the foot.

Which btw, can also be hazardous to your health (balance, position, shoot ... not so easy as I first thought).

Jul 13, 2014 at 02:41 PM
pike40
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Upward Mobility ...

RustyBug wrote:
... may require a little shifting.

As a fellow rider this image speaks to me in several ways. I do like Greg's suggestion, I would be interested in where you decide to take this concept.

Mike

Jul 13, 2014 at 06:52 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Upward Mobility ...

Thanks Mike.

Yup, I figure it is going to be a (somewhat) select audience that connects with this one. Still kickin' it around a bit and trying to get re-acquainted with my gear (and a new family camera), as I've been away on a project this year.

My original thought was "Heels & Wheels" ... but I couldn't quite contort myself to pose & shoot what was in my head, so this is the best I came up with on short notice. I can see expanding it throughout the (real) experience(s) of the ride, but likely abstraction will be a mainstay.

Of course that means I'll be on the lookout for some bugs in teeth too.

Currently on an '08 Heritage ... what's your scoot, Mike?

Jul 13, 2014 at 08:23 PM
pike40
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Upward Mobility ...

One of my buddy's uses a go pro that works pretty well for the live ride work. Tough to ride, take images and not become a statistic.....

Heritage is a classic bike, I have ridden them several times and they are great , I am riding an Electra Glide standard which I enjoy very much.

Mike

Jul 13, 2014 at 09:47 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Upward Mobility ...

Nicely done, Kent.
I think the rotated version is even stronger, easier to understand the sense of direction.
Fine as it, but seems to call for a monotone, unless you really want to call attention to the jeans and what it evokes.
Scott

Jul 14, 2014 at 07:55 PM
roger lund
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Upward Mobility ...

Had to move it to my 29" display, and then I wish the image was larger! Nice.

Jul 14, 2014 at 08:46 PM
Prevelige
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Upward Mobility ...

Interesting image, much improved after rotation. I like the creativity.

Bob

Jul 14, 2014 at 08:58 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Upward Mobility ...

Thanks guys ... definitely good to get some positive feedback to spurn on the concept a bit. Wasn't sure how it might be received @ the message delivery.

Scott, I started to go mono with it, but this is about 90% opacity of the BW layer ... mostly for a diversion. The boots are actually brown, btw. Any thoughts on the muted color ... do the lend toward a retro vibe ... or is it more of a "swing & miss"?

Jul 15, 2014 at 08:54 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Upward Mobility ...

Retro look and may strengthen the ability of the viewer/other riders to identify with the scene. On the other hand (or leg), it plays as a selective color component. Personally I am not fond of that.
Why dont you post a sepia toned version of paint some of the color from the boots onto the pants and see what you and others think?
I do not think this is a swing and miss. I think its a well-thought out, well-composed and engaging image.
Scott

Jul 15, 2014 at 02:13 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.