Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · First attempt at fireworks display.

NYCPhotog
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · First attempt at fireworks display.

All were shot RAW with very little processing done. There has been zero touch up other than one planet, or star, that was visible on the left side. Other than that, they're untouched. It was my first attempt at a fireworks display. I experimented with 30 second exposure and covering and uncovering the lens for multiple exposure as well as zooming in. Most shots shots were about 2 seconds though. Nikon D300s and 17-55.

Jul 11, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Camperjim
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · First attempt at fireworks display.

I just love the colors and patterns of fireworks. You posted so many images that it is difficult to comment. I will make a couple of general comments. Many of the images have a very centered look. The images might look better with a bit more in the way of composition. Second many of the images have a lot of dead space and distracting street lights. I think cropping in tighter would help.

Do you plan on printing any of these? I would think about picking one or two of your favorites for nice sized prints. Those one or two are probably the ones you should post for critique.

Jul 13, 2014 at 06:33 PM
FarmerJohn
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · First attempt at fireworks display.

Nice work for your first fireworks images. I haven't shot them in a few years but I remember 1-2 seconds being about right. I agree it's hard to give feedback with so many images.

I think the centered look works well for the vertical images with the trail (#1, 2nd from last), but not so much for the others.

For the 2nd from last, any room for highlight recovery in the left-side cluster? Some of those trails seem close to blown out.

Jul 13, 2014 at 10:45 PM
NYCPhotog
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · First attempt at fireworks display.

Thank you for the feedback guys.

There isn't much left in the 2nd to last. I tried to pull some detail back but there isn't much.

My favorites are 1, 11 and 12. I'm going to have prints made of all of them but those are my favorites.

Jul 16, 2014 at 07:13 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.