Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Wild, Wild West

Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Wild, Wild West

Congratulations to Lisa_Holloway for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 10 votes - View Previous Winners

I had so much fun doing this vintage/wild west/woman scorned shoot with my oldest daughter. Got to shoot in a creepy old haunted building too - working with low light and high ISO was something I don't do very often so it was a fun challenge.

This first image was shot in my garage using natural light and my 85L.

1b

This reminds me of the song 'The Thunder Rolls' by Garth Brooks - storms were quite literally closing in on us from all directions as we shot these.

These last ones were shot in a VERY creepy old building. The owner runs an exercise/boot camp studio in the downstairs area. The upstairs is unused. The building is over 100 years old. She left us there alone with the keys to lock up when we were finished. It was late in the evening by this point so not a lot of light left, but I love how they came out. We definitely heard some odd noises while we were up there. I spoke to the owner and she knows the building is haunted. Very creepy, and perfect for what I wanted for these shots. This was definitely something out of my comfort zone but so fun to try!

Edited on Jul 11, 2014 at 11:45 PM · View previous versions

Jul 10, 2014 at 10:46 PM
gregfixit
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Wild, Wild West

Yup. Looks like it was fun. And the results are really nice.
Thanks for sharing.

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:16 PM
unclechuck
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Wild, Wild West

Great series Lisa, #7 pops for me --- fascinating composition filled with subtleties.

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:37 PM
Bruce Sawle
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Wild, Wild West

Great set. Hard to pick a favorite. I like the direction your photography is going. Very strong imagery.

Jul 11, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Frock

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Wild, Wild West

Awesome imagery. #7 wow! Only slight critique is in #2 she seems a bit slumped over. I feel she should be standing a bit taller with that powerful weapon in her hand. Inspiring work as always.

Jul 11, 2014 at 12:26 AM
ICE B1
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Wild, Wild West

Stunning work, Lisa. Stunning.

Jul 11, 2014 at 01:19 AM
4meNex7
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Wild, Wild West

I haven't been here in weeks, and thought I'd pop in to see what you've been doing. Glad I did. My goodness Lisa, these are absolutely stunning! Wow!! The ones done in the old building are awesome. If LIFE and LOOK magazine were still published these would fit right in with the best. Your daughter is maturing into quite a stunning model. I'd rate these as some of your best work. Thank you so much for sharing.
Ed

Jul 11, 2014 at 01:41 AM
John Webb
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Wild, Wild West

Well done , the seventh is a gorgeous shot, love everything about it from the lighting, color tones styling , model expression. Also love the 4th and the only improvement that I could imagine might be a tumbleweed blowing across behind and to the right of your daughter.

again congrats and well done.

Jul 11, 2014 at 02:29 AM
Herb
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Wild, Wild West

Lisa, I like them! This is different from your norm! Bravo for stepping out of the comfort zone! You daughter may have been from that time 100 years ago! She looks like she would fit in and the dress is marvelous. Again BRAVO!

Jul 11, 2014 at 03:06 AM
GoodEgg
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Wild, Wild West

Expanded repertoire + continuing expanding skills + freedom to create = fantastic images, Lisa. You have the meter pegged.

I love the light on your daughter's face in #9. Her poise and beauty are amazing.

Jul 11, 2014 at 03:48 AM

Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Wild, Wild West

Thank you guys! Being out from under the expectations and monotony of client sessions has been so freeing to me. I'm excited to really get out there and try new things that interest me.

Jul 11, 2014 at 04:25 AM
chas
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Wild, Wild West

Lisa, great work....as always. #2 should be her "Waiting for the Prom Date" picture. One question: When you shoot natural light in your garage, do you use any reflectors at all, or just go with what the sun supplies?

Jul 11, 2014 at 05:26 AM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Wild, Wild West

Haha! I love that - waiting for the prom date. I don't use a reflector - just what I get from the sun and sky.

Jul 11, 2014 at 05:29 AM
MVestergaard
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Wild, Wild West

Nr 2-4 are amazing.
The one with the gun is awesome!

Jul 11, 2014 at 05:50 AM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Wild, Wild West

nice wild west series

Jul 11, 2014 at 10:53 AM
Himura

p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Wild, Wild West

wow these pictures are awesome!

Jul 11, 2014 at 10:54 AM
plsand
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Wild, Wild West

Hi -
Great is the only way to say that they all are - Just wish that you could figure out how to have a round door for you garage door -
Thanks -
Paul

Jul 11, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Evan Baines
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Wild, Wild West

Lisa,

For my taste the 1st and 8th are the strongest images.

Jul 11, 2014 at 01:04 PM
gopowned

p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Wild, Wild West

wow absolutely amazing photos. Theres something about that second one that screams out of a movie.

Jul 11, 2014 at 06:48 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Wild, Wild West

Thank you for your comments and thoughts everyone - I appreciate it!

Jul 11, 2014 at 07:10 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password