New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       end

Archive 2014 · Sony A7s image thread.

vipergts831
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sony A7s image thread.

Well lets see them!

Jul 08, 2014 at 08:38 AM
vipergts831
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sony A7s image thread.

First shots with the new camera.

All with A7s with 55 f/1.8

A7s Test Shots by Prodigy83, on Flickr

Full Res Link

A7s Test Shots-2 by Prodigy83, on Flickr

Full Res Link

A7s Test Shots-3 by Prodigy83, on Flickr

Full Res Link

This is at dinner. Straight ARW to JPEG image of ISO 12,800

A7s Test Shots-4 by Prodigy83, on Flickr

Full Res Link

Edited on Jul 08, 2014 at 11:59 AM · View previous versions

Jul 08, 2014 at 08:38 AM
millsart
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sony A7s image thread.

The A7 and A7r share a thread but the S gets its own thread ? Seems sort of silly

Why not just put them all the in the same thread and mention which model it is.

For those of us who own/plan on owning more than one version of what is the same basic body it would be kind of a pain to have to keep jumping around threads

Jul 08, 2014 at 11:12 AM
vipergts831
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sony A7s image thread.

I understand your point of view but what about those who do not plan on owning multiple bodies? Same bodies different specs. Trying to only find A7r images or only A7 images is a pain when you throw them all together in a single thread.

Jul 08, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Phillip Reeve
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sony A7s image thread.

vipergts831 wrote:
I understand your point of view but what about those who do not plan on owning multiple bodies? Same bodies different specs. Trying to only find A7r images or only A7 images is a pain when you throw them all together in a single thread.

I bet quite a bit of money that there will be noe visible difference between the A7r and A7 once they are resized to Web resolution. The same goes for the A7s below ISO 3200 or 6400.
Maybe you should rename the thread to A7s high ISO thread, then I would see a reason for it

Jul 08, 2014 at 11:27 AM
vipergts831
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sony A7s image thread.

Phillip Reeve wrote:
I bet quite a bit of money that there will be noe visible difference between the A7r and A7 once they are resized to Web resolution. The same goes for the A7s below ISO 3200 or 6400.
Maybe you should rename the thread to A7s high ISO thread, then I would see a reason for it

You could also click on the images themselves if they are linked and look at full size res shots if you want to see the differences But very good point on making it about ISO +6400 shots

Jul 08, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Phillip Reeve
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sony A7s image thread.

vipergts831 wrote:
You could also click on the images themselves if they are linked and look at full size res shots if you want to see the differences

I just checked the last 3 Pages, 57 posts of the A7(r) thread and exactly one post linked to full resolution images. Yours aren't full resolution either.

Jul 08, 2014 at 11:35 AM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sony A7s image thread.

Phillip Reeve wrote:

I can clearly see a difference in resolution in downsized photos taken with my A7R and my 5D MkII (with 22 MP FF sensor). I never used the A7, but since its sensor resolution is very similar to the one in the 5D MkII, I suspect the same outcome.

Jul 08, 2014 at 11:37 AM
millsart
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sony A7s image thread.

retrofocus wrote:
I can clearly see a difference in resolution in downsized photos taken with my A7R and my 5D MkII (with 22 MP FF sensor). I never used the A7, but since its sensor resolution is very similar to the one in the 5D MkII, I suspect the same outcome.

I owned both of them and I couldn't tell unless I was looking at them viewed at least 50%, which no one is posting (Sorry OP lol)

If I were to post a random image do you think you'd have more than a 50% chance of telling me which camera it camera from at typical web sizes ?

Jul 08, 2014 at 11:53 AM
millsart
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Sony A7s image thread.

vipergts831 wrote:

Sorry dude, but we've got a thread with nearly 8,000 post, and nearly 90,000 views and everyone seems pretty happy with it.

Sorry its such a pain for you so have to look at those crappy A7 images, but I'd have to think the majority rules on this.

Jul 08, 2014 at 11:56 AM
vipergts831
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Sony A7s image thread.

Phillip Reeve wrote:
I just checked the last 3 Pages, 57 posts of the A7(r) thread and exactly one post linked to full resolution images. Yours aren't full resolution either.

Thank you for the suggestion. FULL RES links added

Jul 08, 2014 at 12:00 PM
vipergts831
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Sony A7s image thread.

millsart wrote:
Sorry dude, but we've got a thread with nearly 8,000 post, and nearly 90,000 views and everyone seems pretty happy with it.

Sorry its such a pain for you so have to look at those crappy A7 images, but I'd have to think the majority rules on this.

Thank you dude for your suggestion. But where did i say anything about the images being crappy Could you find that dude?

Jul 08, 2014 at 12:02 PM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Sony A7s image thread.

millsart wrote:
I owned both of them and I couldn't tell unless I was looking at them viewed at least 50%, which no one is posting (Sorry OP lol)

If I were to post a random image do you think you'd have more than a 50% chance of telling me which camera it camera from at typical web sizes ?

You are right, I should have mentioned that the effect is visible when the photo is viewed at > 50%, but then the difference is clearly visible. And no, on a web-size reduced photo I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Jul 08, 2014 at 06:14 PM
SoulNibbler
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Sony A7s image thread.

I think A7s images should be cross posted in the a7/r/s thread but I think there is a compelling reason to have this thread too until it becomes uninteresting. That reason is that the A7s was released almost 9 months later and people contemplating a purchase (really only in these first few months when its still new and shiny) would certainly appreciate an opportunity to see the range of shots that come out of the A7s. Once the novelty wears off, I fully expect this thread to basically die but a single thread for A7s images while it's new is a good thing. I think the only reason the A7 and A7r were so easily grouped together initially was that they were announced and released at the same time.

Jul 09, 2014 at 02:41 AM
darbo
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Sony A7s image thread.

millsart wrote:

millsart - I see you've donned your mob-mentality majority-rules torch and pitchfork. I'm sure the "majority" is grateful to you for guarding the alt forum against rogue a7 series image threads.

I agree with Philip that this ought to be specifically a low-light/high ISO thread, because that is the distinguishing characteristic/capability of the a7S against the a7 and a7R.

I get that the a7/a7R/a7S is a great and very popular thread - but I prefer not to sift through thousands of a7/a7R images to find a few low-light high-ISO a7S samples.I came here hoping to see such imagery and hope others will contribute here.

Jul 10, 2014 at 09:46 AM
kahren
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Sony A7s image thread.

no only do i think this thread should be left alone, but the a7/a7r thread should be separated into a7 and a7r, that way its all fair

Jul 10, 2014 at 10:30 AM
Ektar25
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Sony A7s image thread.

I have no interest in either the a7 or a7r, so I appreciate this thread and hope owners will contribute to it. My concern is with the a7s only and I really don't want to scan through nearly 8,000 post to find the comments that interest me.

Jul 10, 2014 at 10:58 AM
WhyFi
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Sony A7s image thread.

kahren wrote:
no only do i think this thread should be left alone, but the a7/a7r thread should be separated into a7 and a7r, that way its all fair

Are you volunteering to divvy up the existing posts in to their respective threads?

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:05 AM
fotografur
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Sony A7s image thread.

I appreciate this thread

Let's see them!

d~

Jul 10, 2014 at 03:34 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Sony A7s image thread.

Ektar25 wrote:
I have no interest in either the a7 or a7r, so I appreciate this thread and hope owners will contribute to it. My concern is with the a7s only and I really don't want to scan through nearly 8,000 post to find the comments that interest me.

Then put a little brain into it, start at the back and work your way forwards to the release date of the A7. Should take a few seconds, given how much the A7s owners are posting.

Jul 10, 2014 at 05:49 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.