Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · C & D Engagement

BigIronCruiser
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · C & D Engagement

Great set. In terms of suggestions, #14 would've been better IMO if his hand/fingers weren't showing under her leg, and in #15 the three white flowers on her right arm are a little distracting. When it comes to the contrived tent scene, who cares? It's what the client wanted, and you pulled it off very well. It's something different, and I like it.

Jul 08, 2014 at 02:40 PM
Prettym1k3
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · C & D Engagement

jamesmorophoto wrote:
you pulled it off really well. I guess I just kind of roll my eyes when I see people bust out the antiques for an engagement shoot :P

looks like she forgot to bring 'mothers pearls' he-he-he

where you live definitely shapes your style. the city-dwellers have it EASY when it comes to compositional options and controlling natural light.

the one time i visited nyc, my resounding thought was, "you'd have to really, really suck at photography not to get amazing compositions and light in nyc!"

It's so much harder shooting 'organically' w/ the outdoors.

Thanks, man.

I tend to do the same thing, but for me it has less to do with the simple act of the antique-y Style Me Pretty stylized shoot, and more to do with the reasons behind hit. When some people say, "I want this. It's awesome (aka popular) and I love the look (I sit on Pinterest all day), I do tend to roll my eyes ever so slightly. On the other hand, this couple brought options. And were totally down to hike around, look for different places, and we happend to have time in the end to set this up. So we went with it.

I agree. My shoots in SF tend to be far more architecturally oriented, but I don't get up there very often, except to one particular place which, oddly enough, it at the beach, on a cliff, outdoors. Haha. I haven't had a couple in almost 6-8 months say, "Take me to grungy, dirty place for our engagement session and look for cool leading lines." I suppose we're attracting more of the outdoorsy type clients lately, which is actually the route we wanted to go with our business, so we're okay with that.

Not to say I'd turn down a downtown wedding. I like variety. But the natural, the emotional, and the organic is what I prefer.

BigIronCruiser wrote:
Great set. In terms of suggestions, #14 would've been better IMO if his hand/fingers weren't showing under her leg, and in #15 the three white flowers on her right arm are a little distracting. When it comes to the contrived tent scene, who cares? It's what the client wanted, and you pulled it off very well. It's something different, and I like it.

Definitely didn't pick up on the white flowers, as they don't bother me. But the hand does. Still a great moment, but I should have moved his hand a little. Thanks for catching that!

Jul 08, 2014 at 04:21 PM
JR Magat
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · C & D Engagement

I enjoyed looking through this set, I like your variety in poses and I like your processing.

I like the tent photos and don't find them too gimmicky, it seems fitting to their style. Is 20, 21 when the tent fell down?

Jul 09, 2014 at 01:30 PM
Prettym1k3
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · C & D Engagement

Yes sir. That would be them right at the end. They thought it was hilarious because I said, "Okay, I think we're done" and then it fell, and I grabbed my camera and snapped a few more. Perfect (and lucky) timing!

Jul 09, 2014 at 05:26 PM
truehuss
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · C & D Engagement

The couple, the scene...everything just works Mike. This could be an Abercrombie shoot. lol

Nice work bro. keep doing it.

Miguel

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:49 PM
NYstyles
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · C & D Engagement

I love them!! I like the stylized ones too.

I personally like stylized photos that actually Do represent the couple not the 'gimmicky Pinterest picture'. I'll will admit though, I do like some gimmicky photos! ha ha. I dont care if it 'trendy' or its not, I like what I like. I believe in doing what you enjoy and it shows through in your work. If what you like is 'trendy' so be it.

Im biased towards styling though from starting in this industry as a MUA/stylist. Ive organized and worked full photo sets. I Love that side, its a whole other form of art!

Jul 11, 2014 at 07:24 AM
Prettym1k3
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · C & D Engagement

truehuss wrote:
The couple, the scene...everything just works Mike. This could be an Abercrombie shoot. lol

Nice work bro. keep doing it.

Miguel

Thanks, Miguel! Much appreciated!

---------------------------------------------

NYstyles wrote:
I love them!! I like the stylized ones too.

I personally like stylized photos that actually Do represent the couple not the 'gimmicky Pinterest picture'. I'll will admit though, I do like some gimmicky photos! ha ha. I dont care if it 'trendy' or its not, I like what I like. I believe in doing what you enjoy and it shows through in your work. If what you like is 'trendy' so be it.

Im biased towards styling though from starting in this industry as a MUA/stylist. Ive organized and worked full photo sets. I Love that side, its a whole other
...Show more

I completely agree. Stylized for the sake of stylized rarely works out well. But this truly represented the nature/camping personality types of these two. So it blended very, very well!

Jul 14, 2014 at 05:02 PM
smorgan84

p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · C & D Engagement

I love the unique vintage feel to them. #10 is my favorite. So simple

Jul 18, 2014 at 10:04 PM
JandALight
• •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · C & D Engagement

Not that your compositions or technical prowess are unremarkable (they totally spot on), but the strength of the posing and body language is very, very apparent here. You've made them like a dream couple to work with, whether they were or not. Even from my limited experience, I know that requires a deft touch. LIke others have mentioned, there is a very cinematic quality about these, not sure what it is. Great stuff though, it took me a couple looks to get through your post, I got a tad of anxiety at how well the emotion was coming through your work ;-) In a good way.

Jul 21, 2014 at 12:23 PM
ogerisg321
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · C & D Engagement

Lovely couple, seems like it was blast shooting their engagement. Like the pictures and your style of shooting.

Jul 21, 2014 at 02:51 PM
Prettym1k3
• • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · C & D Engagement

JandALight wrote:
Not that your compositions or technical prowess are unremarkable (they totally spot on), but the strength of the posing and body language is very, very apparent here. You've made them like a dream couple to work with, whether they were or not. Even from my limited experience, I know that requires a deft touch. LIke others have mentioned, there is a very cinematic quality about these, not sure what it is. Great stuff though, it took me a couple looks to get through your post, I got a tad of anxiety at how well the emotion was coming through your
...Show more

Dude, this might be one of the most nicest things anyone has ever said to me.

But seriously, don't get anxious. Because I have as many of these shoots as I do where people lack emotion. This couple was brilliant to work with, so gracious, happy, and in love, that it wasn't really that hard.

You ever meet a couple that, you feel, knows they look good, but at the same time has a few hang-ups that bring them down to earth? That's this couple. It's like they knew they had potentially, and just needed a little push to take them from a pretty couple to a couple in deeply rooted, gorgeous love.

Jul 22, 2014 at 03:20 PM
glennh56
• •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · C & D Engagement

Amazing collection of photographs!

Jul 22, 2014 at 03:27 PM
Prettym1k3
• • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · C & D Engagement

Thanks Glennh56!

Jul 23, 2014 at 12:51 PM
Brian Virts
• • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · C & D Engagement

Sweet tone!

Jul 23, 2014 at 01:36 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.