Archive 2014 · High Fashion Bridal Magazine Cover Shoot :D

jamesmorophoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · High Fashion Bridal Magazine Cover Shoot :D

jeremy_clay wrote:
What agency are these girls from?

Donna Baldwin...formerly.

chloe is now in thailand, represent by A1 models. Tho I think she'll be in nyc next year.

brittni is in nyc, represented by DNA.

Jul 08, 2014 at 12:15 PM
jamesmorophoto
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · High Fashion Bridal Magazine Cover Shoot :D

MRomine wrote:
Very nice! How much art direction was there? Was there a purpose to the different styles, some seamless some location, some high key some not? Are these all options for a cover or is there also an article?

the art direction was pretty loose. they had shots and looks they wanted, but it was up to me to work with the models.

my only beef was that while they kept insisting I do my thing, it took so long to take their shots that I didn't get to use the location like I wanted to. there's a balcony around the clocktower that let's you get a Big Ben type view...also a lower level with windows and Greek columns, and a look out on the too of the tower.

There's a story to the magazine shoot; the magazine should be in Barnes n Noble within 4-6 weeks--not sure if she's going nationwide or not.

Here's the digital edition of the mag: Wed Magazine: High Altitude, High Fashion

Jul 08, 2014 at 03:01 PM
anthonyket
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · High Fashion Bridal Magazine Cover Shoot :D

All win! Great work .

Jul 08, 2014 at 07:51 PM
n8changus1aj

p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · High Fashion Bridal Magazine Cover Shoot :D

all i can say is wow...

Jul 08, 2014 at 10:01 PM
maxwell1295
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · High Fashion Bridal Magazine Cover Shoot :D

Wow! Really, really good stuff!

I'm curious....who does the editing/retouching on something like this? Was it left up to you or did you hand everything over to their art department?

Jul 09, 2014 at 07:50 AM
Beni
• • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · High Fashion Bridal Magazine Cover Shoot :D

Can I ask if anyone else is thinking this: namely that they look nothing like brides and everything like pro models? Just too polished to represent something that is supposed to be real. That said I know nothing of what is normally done for wedding mags. Most of the fashion wedding pics I see though seem to have at least a toe left in the 'this could possibly be real' world. These just seem to give a straight fashion look to them.

Jul 09, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Steve Tinetti
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · High Fashion Bridal Magazine Cover Shoot :D

I think these are great and exactly what I would expect to see in a fashion mag. It's when photographers shooting real weddings try to emulate this style that never quite measure up. To me, "fashion" and real life are two completely different ball parks. Very nice work!

Jul 09, 2014 at 12:03 PM
maxwell1295
• • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · High Fashion Bridal Magazine Cover Shoot :D

Beni wrote:
Can I ask if anyone else is thinking this: namely that they look nothing like brides and everything like pro models? Just too polished to represent something that is supposed to be real. That said I know nothing of what is normally done for wedding mags. Most of the fashion wedding pics I see though seem to have at least a toe left in the 'this could possibly be real' world. These just seem to give a straight fashion look to them.

That would be like expecting a fashion magazine to have images of everyday people wearing designer clothing.

You should click on the link a few posts up to get a better idea of what's in the actual magazine. There are some real weddings in there as well.

Jul 09, 2014 at 12:06 PM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · High Fashion Bridal Magazine Cover Shoot :D

Beni wrote:

I disagree, at least to some extent. They aren't high fashion looking models - note the body types and proportions, bone structure etc - overall, I would say they are far more 'regular' looking then someone you would find in a fashion editorial, but refined enough to sell the items. I don't think it's supposed to look 'real' any more then the women who model the dresses on the websites that sell them.

Jul 09, 2014 at 12:36 PM
mdbrown9999
• •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · High Fashion Bridal Magazine Cover Shoot :D

I'd buy a watch from her. Nice series

Jul 09, 2014 at 01:15 PM
jamesmorophoto
• • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · High Fashion Bridal Magazine Cover Shoot :D

maxwell1295 wrote:
Wow! Really, really good stuff!

I'm curious....who does the editing/retouching on something like this? Was it left up to you or did you hand everything over to their art department?

I did the editing/retouching.

Jul 09, 2014 at 01:46 PM
jamesmorophoto
• • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · High Fashion Bridal Magazine Cover Shoot :D

For those of you curious about the models:

http://www.revolution-management.com/Revolution_Management/Brittni_Tucker_Portfolio.html

http://www.donnabaldwin.com/female/portfolio.asp?ID=1071#

Jul 09, 2014 at 01:51 PM
jamesmorophoto
• • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · High Fashion Bridal Magazine Cover Shoot :D

The magazine is trying to go after the Grace Ormonde type of bride, btw.

Jul 09, 2014 at 01:53 PM
natken

p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · High Fashion Bridal Magazine Cover Shoot :D

Very nice pics. I like softness of light from softbox than bd.

Jul 10, 2014 at 02:14 AM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.