New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Searching A User's Posts

Wildcats_Fans
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Searching A User's Posts

There are times when I want to got back and search something that I posted before or another specific user has posted previous. Is there a way to do this?

Jul 07, 2014 at 01:41 PM
mogud
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Searching A User's Posts

At the top of this screen press the Forum button and then click on Search. One of the search criteria is users name. The search criteria you see when you click Search is Topic Subject. Cick that drop down menu and select Users Name. Type in users name in the Search box and the click the Search button.

Jul 08, 2014 at 03:49 PM
Wildcats_Fans
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Searching A User's Posts

I don't want to search for a user. I want to search for a specific word(s) within a specific user's post.

Jul 09, 2014 at 06:00 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Searching A User's Posts

If the search tool isn't cutting it, using Google might be your next best bet. You can search for pages in which the username and specific words you're looking for appear and restrict that search to this website.

For example, if I want to find posts in which user "X" used the word or phrase "Y", in the search field, enter:

"X" and "Y" site:fredmiranda.com

Keep in mind that this will return all pages on which Y is displayed AND the username X shows up. So, not limited to user X's posts. But a starting point at least.

Jul 10, 2014 at 05:30 AM
Wildcats_Fans
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Searching A User's Posts

mitesh wrote:
If the search tool isn't cutting it, using Google might be your next best bet. You can search for pages in which the username and specific words you're looking for appear and restrict that search to this website.

For example, if I want to find posts in which user "X" used the word or phrase "Y", in the search field, enter:

"X" and "Y" site:fredmiranda.com

Keep in mind that this will return all pages on which Y is displayed AND the username X shows up. So, not limited to user X's posts. But a starting point at least.

That is what I have been using. I was just curious if there was a way to do it within the website because the google search will also show the posts where other users have quoted the user.

Jul 10, 2014 at 02:07 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.