New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              23      
       25       26       end

Archive 2014 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

timbop
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.24 #1 · p.24 #1 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

BluesWest wrote:
CR Guy's current list of specs are completely reasonable and completely in-character for Canon. More important for CR Guy's credibility, predicting a camera with those specs didn't require any inside information. Anyone could have guessed that the camera would have an already existing sensor (the one from the 70D), an AF system that trickled down from an existing camera (the 5D Mark III) and a few other standard features (GPS, maybe; WiFi, maybe; two card slots, maybe).

So whether CR Guy is wrong or right about this particular spec list, he still didn't provide anything useful -- after months and months.

John
...Show more

EXACTLY. He used to get good information (5+ years ago), but then canon clamped down and the "rumors" only have value a week or less before the product's actual release (when he marks them as CR3). Before that, it is mostly wild speculation mixed with reasonable guesses - all of which will conflict with each other until the release gets imminent.

Aug 28, 2014 at 12:40 PM
gocolts
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.24 #2 · p.24 #2 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

BluesWest wrote:
CR Guy's current list of specs are completely reasonable and completely in-character for Canon. More important for CR Guy's credibility, predicting a camera with those specs didn't require any inside information. Anyone could have guessed that the camera would have an already existing sensor (the one from the 70D), an AF system that trickled down from an existing camera (the 5D Mark III) and a few other standard features (GPS, maybe; WiFi, maybe; two card slots, maybe).

So whether CR Guy is wrong or right about this particular spec list, he still didn't provide anything useful -- after months and months.

John
...Show more

So I guess if his bullet-pointed list is exactly correct, we can chalk it up to a really lucky guess?

Usually he's posting the "I heard it here and there" BS stuff which I pretty much ignore, but this time he's calling out specific evidence. Maybe it's just the auditor in me, but to me that makes a difference.

I realize to some he could post a video interview from Canon's CEO listing the details and people wouldn't believe it until Canon's website announced it, but it at least gives us something different to talk about in the gear forum.

Aug 28, 2014 at 01:42 PM
jorkata
• • •
p.24 #3 · p.24 #3 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

BluesWest wrote:
CR Guy's current list of specs are completely reasonable and completely in-character for Canon.

Agree.

Anyone could have guessed that the camera would have an already existing sensor (the one from the 70D) ...

Anyone

When was the last time Canon reused a sensor from a lower end body into a higher-end one?
It usually goes the other way round.

Aug 28, 2014 at 01:55 PM
Access
• • •
p.24 #4 · p.24 #4 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

Do you guys actually expect rumor sites to provide useful / actionable information? IMO the only thing that rumor sites tell us what the most gear-obsessed among us wish for.

Aug 28, 2014 at 02:55 PM
Liquidstone
• • • •
p.24 #5 · p.24 #5 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

Wish I can test an early copy.

Aug 28, 2014 at 09:04 PM
JohnBrose
• • • •
p.24 #6 · p.24 #6 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

you probably are

Aug 28, 2014 at 09:10 PM
mttran
• • • • •
p.24 #7 · p.24 #7 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

After this test, i don't know why we need another 7D:

Aug 28, 2014 at 09:52 PM
BluesWest
• • •
p.24 #8 · p.24 #8 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

Anyone

My point was that no one needs inside information to post the specs Canon Rumors Guy listed. Anyone who has followed Canon's product releases over the last few years would be able to predict that the 7D Mark II was not going to have any major technical innovations, and would instead be a minor improvement on an existing camera (either the original 7D or, what is probably going to be the case, the 70D).

John

Aug 28, 2014 at 10:06 PM
LCPete
• • • •
p.24 #9 · p.24 #9 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

BluesWest wrote:
My point was that no one needs inside information to post the specs Canon Rumors Guy listed. Anyone who has followed Canon's product releases over the last few years would be able to predict that the 7D Mark II was not going to have any major technical innovations, and would instead be a minor improvement on an existing camera (either the original 7D or, what is probably going to be the case, the 70D).

John

I would be very surprised if Canon release the 7D2 with the 70D sensor,if thats what you meant, it's too important a model for them not to get it right
I am a big fan of the 7D but agree it's long overdue for an overhaul

Aug 29, 2014 at 03:42 AM
aladyforty
• • • •
p.24 #10 · p.24 #10 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

wish it would just hurry up, I have 2500 in the bank, just want to see what its like and a few reviews from first time owners, if its good, Im in

Aug 29, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.24 #11 · p.24 #11 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

BluesWest wrote:
Anyone who has followed Canon's product releases over the last few years would be able to predict that the 7D Mark II was not going to have any major technical innovations, and would instead be a minor improvement on an existing camera (either the original 7D or, what is probably going to be the case, the 70D).

John

So rather than believing anything Canon Rumors writes, we should believe rumors that you should be able to accurately predict for us, right?

I'm waiting.

Aug 29, 2014 at 02:46 PM
howard
• • •
p.24 #12 · p.24 #12 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

Imagemaster wrote:
So rather than believing anything Canon Rumors writes, we should believe rumors that you should be able to accurately predict for us, right?

I'm waiting.

You shouldn't blindly believe anything. How about use your judgement when processing information?

Aug 29, 2014 at 03:41 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.24 #13 · p.24 #13 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

howard wrote:
You shouldn't blindly believe anything. How about use your judgement when processing information?

I don't, and I do. This thread is about rumors, regardless of who is spouting them.

Aug 29, 2014 at 03:49 PM
Dragonfire
• • • • •
p.24 #14 · p.24 #14 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

Imagemaster wrote:
This thread is about rumors, regardless of who is spouting them.

"OMG - 7DII is coming" was a statement of fact Don't forget it.

Aug 29, 2014 at 03:54 PM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.24 #15 · p.24 #15 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

Say it like those teenagers these days... Oh My God Oh My God Oh My Godddddd .

Aug 29, 2014 at 04:05 PM
mogud
• • • •
p.24 #16 · p.24 #16 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

Is the 7D II the "big" technological Canon announcement that is supposed to change the DSLR world? I can't believe for a minute that this is it......
the 7d II.

Say it isn't so....there has to be more...there HAS to be.

Aug 29, 2014 at 04:13 PM
ggreene
• • • • •
p.24 #17 · p.24 #17 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

mogud wrote:
Is the 7D II the "big" technological Canon announcement that is supposed to change the DSLR world? I can't believe for a minute that this is it......
the 7d II.

7D2 could be a really sweet pro crop body for action shooters looking for reach. I would imagine they are excited. At this point in the camera market "big" announcements are never really big as in broad reaching. They are just exciting for certain market segments. Sony Exmor sensor technology may be big to low ISO junkies but hasn't impressed me much at high ISO.

Aug 29, 2014 at 05:22 PM
WestcoastHD
• •
p.24 #18 · p.24 #18 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

jorkata wrote:
When was the last time Canon reused a sensor from a lower end body into a higher-end one?
It usually goes the other way round.

Based on what I read so far, Canon is not simply re-using the 70D sensor as is, it will be improved. Either pushed to 24 MP, or if it stays at 20 MP it will be enhanced in some other way.

Sep 01, 2014 at 12:09 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.24 #19 · p.24 #19 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

WestcoastHD wrote:
Based on what I read so far, Canon is not simply re-using the 70D sensor as is, it will be improved. Either pushed to 24 MP, or if it stays at 20 MP it will be enhanced in some other way.

Based on what I read so far, Canon is the only one that knows what the sensor will be.

Sep 01, 2014 at 12:41 AM
Rusty1
• • •
p.24 #20 · p.24 #20 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

With the consolidation of the 1D and 1Ds into the 1Dx we are left with the Full frame step down to 5D3 and crop 7D. I would expect the the 7D to 7D2 upgrade will be similar to 5D2 to 5D3. In short about what Canon Rumors suspects.

I know, nothing new, fun or exciting in this post but that's how I see it.

Sep 02, 2014 at 12:04 PM
       25       26       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

25       26       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.