New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              21      
       23              25       26       end

Archive 2014 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

popinvasion
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.22 #1 · p.22 #1 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

Can someone explain their desire to own this camera? What specs are you loving? How will it benefit you and your style of shooting? I just see nothing that interests me spec wise so I'm curious what I'm missing. I don't shoot wildlife or sports so maybe that's it

Aug 23, 2014 at 09:19 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.22 #2 · p.22 #2 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

popinvasion wrote:
Can someone explain their desire to own this camera? What specs are you loving? How will it benefit you and your style of shooting? I just see nothing that interests me spec wise so I'm curious what I'm missing. I don't shoot wildlife or sports so maybe that's it

Yes, that is it. I use crop bodies only with long teles for wildlife. However the body needs appeal for other uses too. The D300s and 7D have not been replaced in many years because the low-end FF/FX bodies are cheap enough and often preferred for common amateur usage.

EBH

Aug 23, 2014 at 09:26 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.22 #3 · p.22 #3 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

popinvasion wrote:

Maybe if you read the previous 21 pages of this thread & other threads on the 7D2 you would not be missing anything.

Aug 23, 2014 at 10:45 PM
popinvasion
• • •
p.22 #4 · p.22 #4 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

I read them. I still don't see these amazing specs that would translate into camera gas for me. That being said most of the pages are debating wether a 7D2 will really happen, what the specs will be and lots of confusion. So to be fair it's hard to see the appeal.

Imagemaster wrote:
Maybe if you read the previous 21 pages of this thread & other threads on the 7D2 you would not be missing anything.

Aug 23, 2014 at 10:49 PM
popinvasion
• • •
p.22 #5 · p.22 #5 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

EB-1 wrote:
Yes, that is it. I use crop bodies only with long teles for wildlife. However the body needs appeal for other uses too. The D300s and 7D have not been replaced in many years because the low-end FF/FX bodies are cheap enough and often preferred for common amateur usage.

EBH

Thank you. That's my take. My 5D3 and D800 and 6D and 70D trump anything this 7D2 brings to the table. I want to like it, but for what? I don't ever need 10FPS so I guess that's it. If it had 10 bit 4k video with focus peaking then I would be a buyer. Otherwise I'm missing the appeal. Especially over $2k

Aug 23, 2014 at 10:53 PM
ggreene
• • • • •
p.22 #6 · p.22 #6 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

popinvasion wrote:
Thank you. That's my take. My 5D3 and D800 and 6D and 70D trump anything this 7D2 brings to the table. I want to like it, but for what? I don't ever need 10FPS so I guess that's it. If it had 10 bit 4k video with focus peaking then I would be a buyer. Otherwise I'm missing the appeal. Especially over $2k

I'm looking for a pro build crop body for FL limited shooting. A 1DX2 with a high MP sensor and an internal crop mode would work for me as well although that would be a considerably more expensive option.

Priority for me is FPS, AF tracking speed/accuracy, high pixel density, large buffer, and pro build for bad weather. Dual CF or CFast/CF card slots would be nice as well. Since I already have a 1DX I would love to see a mini 1DX with the same type of battery so I could interchange them and use the same charger. $3000-$3500 for that would be fine by me.

Could care less about GPS, WiFi, built in flash, or any video capabilities.

A warmed over 7D would not attract my interest. I would wait to see what the 5D4 or 1DX2 brought to the table.

Aug 23, 2014 at 11:26 PM
BluesWest
• • •
p.22 #7 · p.22 #7 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

So what, are you jealous?

I have no problem at all with someone making money, as long as they're producing something useful - as opposed to the BS coming from Canon Rumors guy.

Joh

Aug 23, 2014 at 11:48 PM
popinvasion
• • •
p.22 #8 · p.22 #8 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

Thank you for the reply.

ggreene wrote:
I'm looking for a pro build crop body for FL limited shooting. A 1DX2 with a high MP sensor and an internal crop mode would work for me as well although that would be a considerably more expensive option.

Priority for me is FPS, AF tracking speed/accuracy, high pixel density, large buffer, and pro build for bad weather. Dual CF or CFast/CF card slots would be nice as well. Since I already have a 1DX I would love to see a mini 1DX with the same type of battery so I could interchange them and use the same charger. $3000-$3500 for
...Show more

Aug 23, 2014 at 11:57 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.22 #9 · p.22 #9 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

popinvasion wrote:
Thank you. That's my take. My ....70D trump anything this 7D2 brings to the table. I want to like it, but for what? I don't ever need 10FPS so I guess that's it. If it had 10 bit 4k video with focus peaking then I would be a buyer. Otherwise I'm missing the appeal. Especially over $2k

That's pretty funny since many prefer the 7D to the 70D, and you have no idea what the price of the 7D2 will be, let alone the specs.

Aug 24, 2014 at 12:16 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.22 #10 · p.22 #10 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

BluesWest wrote:
I have no problem at all with someone making money, as long as they're producing something useful - as opposed to the BS coming from Canon Rumors guy.

Joh

Good for you. Then why do you bother reading a thread based on what CR says

Aug 24, 2014 at 12:18 AM
popinvasion
• • •
p.22 #11 · p.22 #11 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

It's not all that funny considering my original question again was "what is the appeal" of this supposed camera. If you want to circle yourself in a debate for a length of time, have at it.

Imagemaster wrote:
That's pretty funny since many prefer the 7D to the 70D, and you have no idea what the price of the 7D2 will be, let alone the specs.

Aug 24, 2014 at 12:53 AM
Dragonfire
• • • • •
p.22 #12 · p.22 #12 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

Imagemaster wrote:

Tony, CR has clearly stated the 7DII will be a 1DX killer in every way. What more do you need to know?

PM me for complete specifications only IF you can keep a secret

Aug 25, 2014 at 07:08 AM
ggreene
• • • • •
p.22 #13 · p.22 #13 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

Psychic1 wrote:
Tony, CR has clearly stated the 7DII will be a 1DX killer in every way.

Yeah, but they have it using those flimsy SD cards. That's not killer.

Aug 25, 2014 at 07:37 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.22 #14 · p.22 #14 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

popinvasion wrote:
It's not all that funny considering my original question again was "what is the appeal" of this supposed camera. If you want to circle yourself in a debate for a length of time, have at it.

Well, instead I could have said that is a pretty stupid question. What do you think was the appeal of the 7D that made it one of Canon's best-selling DSLR's? Now, what do you think would make a improved 7D more appealing?

Duh.

I don't need to circle you in a debate when it is a straight line as to what the appeal is.

Aug 25, 2014 at 09:51 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.22 #15 · p.22 #15 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

http://thenewcamera.com/what-to-expect-from-canon/

Aug 25, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Dragonfire
• • • • •
p.22 #16 · p.22 #16 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

Imagemaster wrote:
Now, what do you think would make a improved 7D more appealing?
Duh.

RED FOCUS POINTS Maybe next time.

Aug 25, 2014 at 10:48 AM
mogud
• • • •
p.22 #17 · p.22 #17 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

Psychic1 wrote:
RED FOCUS POINTS Maybe next time.

The 7D already has red focus points. It did the last time I looked which was on the weekend.

What would make a replacement 7D more appealing for me? Less noise, better ISO performance, improved subject tracking and the ability to AF at f/8. Everything else is fluff.

Aug 25, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.22 #18 · p.22 #18 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

mogud wrote:
The 7D already has red focus points. It did the last time I looked which was on the weekend.

But you're not psychic.

Aug 25, 2014 at 12:09 PM
ggreene
• • • • •
p.22 #19 · p.22 #19 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

mogud wrote:

Like the 1D4 and before? I thought the 5D3 and 1DX use a similar viewfinder as the 7D which got rid of the ability to have the bright red individual AF points.

Aug 25, 2014 at 03:26 PM
Dragonfire
• • • • •
p.22 #20 · p.22 #20 · OMG - 7D II is coming...

The 7D has never had RED FOCUS POINTS as seen in all previous bodies.

I shot the 5DIII this weekend and they flashed red after a couple of shutter presses.

Aug 25, 2014 at 03:36 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.