New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Wu Yuan Village, China

Frogfish
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Wu Yuan Village, China

I don't often come to this forum to post (but often to enjoy) since I haven't been shooting many post-worthy landscape shots ! But having bought the Sony A7 (to accompany the D800E & D3s on birding trips), and a number of older MF lenses, I'm really starting to get into it and it will I hope spur me on to further explore the country, China, I'm living in by using the new techniques I am studying.

A long weekend trip with the guys, primarily for birding but they indulged me for a few A7 shots here and there

First 500kms to Huangshan Mtn (absolutely drenched by an extended thunderstorm which rained off our visit whilst on the mountain, and stopped the cable cars for 2 hours, saw my D800E and one friend's 1D Mk IV survive in the mini-waterfall we were under but my other friend's 6D died an unnatural death

Visibility was down to 20-50m due to clouds and the storm so we departed and drove further South to the county (and town) of Wu Yuan in Jiangxi Province - this area is a dream for landscapers and lovers of ancient villages and towns, as well as birders. Weather was much better here !

Sony A7 + Minolta Rokker 35-70 (I saw the gorgeous draw of this lens as used by others in the A7(r) Image thread and so bought a US$250 copy to accompany me on birding trips, I very rarely ever use a zoom but ....). 1/50, ISO 50, probably f8

Any C&C gratefully received !

Jul 07, 2014 at 10:10 AM
plsand
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Wu Yuan Village, China

Hi -
Enjoyed the story, But would have liked more of the very nice pictures -
Paul

Jul 08, 2014 at 05:46 AM
Frogfish
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Wu Yuan Village, China

plsand wrote:
Hi -
Enjoyed the story, But would have liked more of the very nice pictures -
Paul

Thank you Paul. Working on some others but not a lot this trip - which was mainly for birding. I'll have to go back there purely for the land/village scapes though because it is a stunning area.

Jul 09, 2014 at 06:57 AM
Rajan Parrikar
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Wu Yuan Village, China

It is a fine image. I think it can become stronger in panaroma mode.

Jul 11, 2014 at 02:34 PM
photopr0

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Wu Yuan Village, China

Very nice photo. Have you been to Hangzhou? It's not very far from Shanghai and I imagine that the photo opportunities around the Westlake area must be pretty good.

Jul 13, 2014 at 05:45 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.