FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Zion National Park - Narrows

gordorad
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Zion National Park - Narrows

Returned last week from a long trip West. Thanks to the many members who had given advice regarding locations.

Only about 150gb of images to edit!

Comments and Suggestions would be great. http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000eqRVDHKvwoY/s/700/I0000eqRVDHKvwoY.jpg

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000jZ74D_DLaak/s/700/I0000jZ74D_DLaak.jpg

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000jGMyx0Q0o8w/s/800/I0000jGMyx0Q0o8w.jpg

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000u0DFlgOxJis/s/700/I0000u0DFlgOxJis.jpg

I'm trying to figure out photoshelter and how to remove the "standard" watermark....I have it turned "off" but it is still showing.

Edited on Jul 07, 2014 at 08:27 AM · View previous versions

Jul 07, 2014 at 08:15 AM
BauerPower
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Zion National Park - Narrows

Nice detail in the shadows. Good stuff. Thanks for posting.

Jul 07, 2014 at 08:22 AM
CarlG
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Zion National Park - Narrows

Beautiful set of images!

Jul 07, 2014 at 09:31 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Zion National Park - Narrows

Hey Gordon,

Nice work here. My favorites are the first two. You worked the light nicely in them. The 4th one has a pretty harsh lighting feel to it, that one could use some more work.

Yeah, the watermark is a bit bothersome and does make it hard to fully appreciate your shots.

Jim

Jul 07, 2014 at 11:33 AM
stevemah

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Zion National Park - Narrows

Great photos! Going there at the end of July. What's the best time to photograph the Narrows?

Jul 07, 2014 at 11:49 AM
Justin Grimm
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Zion National Park - Narrows

stevemah wrote:
Great photos! Going there at the end of July. What's the best time to photograph the Narrows?

It probably changes at different times of the year, but when I was there I had nice shooting conditions from morning till around 11 am. You can get some moody stuff before the light gets really bright, and then some sweet reflected orange glow as the sun starts hitting the canyon walls. There are definitely some other people here who have visited multiple times though, so hopefully they chime in.

Jul 07, 2014 at 11:54 AM
JimKied
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Zion National Park - Narrows

Really like the 2nd one. Did you use dry bags for your gear or was it shallow enough to wade and keep your gear dry?

Jul 07, 2014 at 12:30 PM
gordorad
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Zion National Park - Narrows

Thanks for the comments....I'm just sent a message into Photoshelter regarding the watermarks....

My suggestions is get out as early as you can. I think the shuttles start at 6:00AM. It is about a 40 minute ride to the top. If you are staying at the Lodge, you can get there as early as you want. Better light and way less crowds....Probably an hour or two after sunrise will be the best light.....But you can always find some interesting areas...

I didn't bother with a dry bag. I never took my camera off my tripod. I was using a full size Feisol 3372 and it doubled as a walking stick. This was late June and I believe the water level was about as low as it gets. I am 6'2 and it never was above my waist. I never came close to slipping either. Just wore regular hiking boots.

Hiked probably a mile past Orderville junction. The further you hike, the nicer it becomes. Took very few shots on the way back as it was like a playground with all the people. Very crowded!!

Jul 07, 2014 at 12:55 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.