Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Tornado Backdrop Gives Couple the Most Badass Wedding Photos Ever.

Tom K.
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Tornado Backdrop Gives Couple the Most Badass Wedding Photos Ever.

Thread title speaks for itself: http://thevane.gawker.com/tornado-backdrop-gives-couple-the-most-badass-wedding-p-1600977279

Jul 07, 2014 at 12:38 AM
swordfishphoto
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Tornado Backdrop Gives Couple the Most Badass Wedding Photos Ever.

eh. The second one is crooked.

Jul 07, 2014 at 01:27 AM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Tornado Backdrop Gives Couple the Most Badass Wedding Photos Ever.

swordfishphoto wrote:
eh. The second one is crooked.

I don't think I've ever seen a straight tondo. Are they straight over in Ohio?

Cool photos! Wish the tog could have used a longer lens (400 mm) to pull that twister closer.

Jul 07, 2014 at 09:31 AM
ziggym

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Tornado Backdrop Gives Couple the Most Badass Wedding Photos Ever.

I think that Oregon couple that had the forest fire still wins the "Most Badass Wedding Photos" award.
http://www.viralnova.com/wildfire-wedding/

Jul 07, 2014 at 11:35 AM
Steve Tinetti
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Tornado Backdrop Gives Couple the Most Badass Wedding Photos Ever.

I can see that, to a weather guy, these photos are "badass". To a wedding photographer - they're ok, kinda cool, but not badass. Tornados are cool, weddings are cool, but unless they somehow relate to one another beyond just happening upon the same moment in time, they don't do much for me.

Also, it bugs me to see crooked horizons and a halo around brushed-in subjects because of lazy post processing.

What if it were me? I would have shot the hell out of it, just like any of us here. That would not make them badass, however. Maybe the photographer could have had a little more fun with the couple, running, jumping, dancing, something to show some dynamics the coincide with the dynamics happening in the distance.

Jul 07, 2014 at 11:56 AM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Tornado Backdrop Gives Couple the Most Badass Wedding Photos Ever.

ziggym wrote:
I think that Oregon couple that had the forest fire still wins the "Most Badass Wedding Photos" award.
http://www.viralnova.com/wildfire-wedding/

That's wild. With composition all the rage these days I'm surprised no one has used a nuclear explosion as a backdrop at a wedding.

Jul 07, 2014 at 01:55 PM
Chris Fawkes
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Tornado Backdrop Gives Couple the Most Badass Wedding Photos Ever.

I tried that once but by the time I got the exposure right I was out of nukes.

Wish I had shot raw.

Jul 08, 2014 at 01:54 AM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Tornado Backdrop Gives Couple the Most Badass Wedding Photos Ever.

Tom K. wrote:
That's wild. With composition all the rage these days I'm surprised no one has used a nuclear explosion as a backdrop at a wedding.

Actually, it has been done before. I had the privilege of covering the new North Korean fatherly leader Kim Jong Un's nuptials with Ri Sol Ju (with rather tragic consequences for his ex-girlfriend).

After the album was made, I had to turn over all the RAW files, so I can't post the images here.

Jul 08, 2014 at 08:22 AM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Tornado Backdrop Gives Couple the Most Badass Wedding Photos Ever.

I may be alone in this but no way in hell I would be doing portraits with a tornado in the background. Bit dangerous for my taste. Perhaps they're used to that sort of thing though.

Jul 08, 2014 at 09:23 AM
swordfishphoto
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Tornado Backdrop Gives Couple the Most Badass Wedding Photos Ever.

MRomine wrote:
I don't think I've ever seen a straight tondo. Are they straight over in Ohio?

The horizon line.

Actually looking at them again, each one seems tilted in a different direction.

Jul 15, 2014 at 02:29 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Tornado Backdrop Gives Couple the Most Badass Wedding Photos Ever.

Every time I see photos like this, I think that I wish they would have had a better photographer who would better harness the situation to do something unique. The ONLY thing that makes these unique is the tornado....there is nothing truly special about them besides that.

Jul 15, 2014 at 02:42 PM
swordfishphoto
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Tornado Backdrop Gives Couple the Most Badass Wedding Photos Ever.

Pretty much, yeah.

Jul 15, 2014 at 04:35 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.