Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Jasper Maligne lake cruise

Steve G.

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Jasper Maligne lake cruise

Anyone familiar with Maligne Lake and the boat cruise offered........? For photographic reasons is it something worth checking out or can you see the same scenery by hiking around the area and such? Would I be stuck on a boat behind windows the whole time wishing I hadn't gone or...........??

Jul 03, 2014 at 08:33 PM
scalawag
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Jasper Maligne lake cruise

hello Steve, I've noticed no one has commented on your .
I can't comment on the current situation as it's been years since I was there;
but at that time the boat was quite open, seems like it had a walk way around
the "cabin". when I was there it was shortly after it was opened up, you had to take a bus in. the road was just a bulldozed trail in, Neato. Scalawag

Jul 25, 2014 at 06:30 PM
Steve G.

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Jasper Maligne lake cruise

Thanks for the reply....yes I was wondering if it were open or not....and if it might be a waste of time.....But if I have time I may go ahead with it..only a couple hours....
If anything maybe take it towards the middle of the day while I'm waiting for better light in the evening.......for something to do...

Jul 25, 2014 at 07:11 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Watsonphoto

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Jasper Maligne lake cruise

It is about a 45 minute drive into Maligne Lake. Just follow the tourist signs. You will end up at a place where you can book your boat tour, lunch, etc. If I remember correctly it is about a 2 hour tour with the destination being a small landing place where you get off. This is where you can take the picture of the tree on the island. The famous shot which has been taken a million times before. Go in the morning if the weather is good. Check out Peyto Lake (better) or Lake Louise. heck there are numerous places. Just go out and shoot everything and have a good time. Check in with the Parks Canada centre in Jasper and sign up for some guided hikes by the Rangers. Cheap and very wothwhile.

Jul 28, 2014 at 11:37 PM
nrferguson
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Jasper Maligne lake cruise

We were there a couple of years ago. The boat has an open area at the stern that takes bout 4 or 5 people, otherwise all the seating is inside. When we went we had the stern practically to ourselves. You get about 15 minutes on the island to take "the" photo. There are other shots on the way there and back, but not many. You can't reach it any other way, unless you have a boat of your own - it's a long paddle in a canoe!
Niall

Spirit Island, Maligne Lake

Jul 31, 2014 at 07:57 AM
dalite
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Jasper Maligne lake cruise

Been on the boat ride twice, most recently a couple of years ago also. It's a beautiful ride and Spirit Island is what you see above. However, the weather can be a factor. Last time, we had overcast, cloudy weather in June, so it's a risk you take. But the drive to Maligne (pronounced Maleen) lake is nice.

Sep 13, 2014 at 06:01 AM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password