FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Widemouth Panther

Dustin Gent
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Widemouth Panther

Here is another angle from Panther Creek Falls, taken early last year. Was hoping to get to test out the 14-24 + D600 down there this year, but have to wait awhile.

http://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/10333823_734929939902390_689834194422042714_o.jpg

Jul 02, 2014 at 08:33 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Widemouth Panther

Gorgeous. I was there once but never made it down to this level. Great composition.

Jul 02, 2014 at 08:45 PM
wswartzwel
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Widemouth Panther

Really interesting image. There is a lot going on here, and you have captured it all very well. The watermark is a bit of a distraction, but You know that already. I really like the shutter speed you used for the water. The colors and processing are also great. Thanks for presenting this tranquil scene.

Jul 02, 2014 at 08:52 PM
roguecoolman
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Widemouth Panther

Dustin,

Great shot of the falls. SS is perfect for the water. I like the processing, kept it very natural. My only nitpick is I found the top a bit tight. I would've liked to see more the trunk on the left side. It just feels a bit cut-off.

Jason

Jul 02, 2014 at 09:00 PM
philtax
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Widemouth Panther

Nice comp and exposure. Agree that it feels a tad tight at the top left.

Phil

Jul 02, 2014 at 11:29 PM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Widemouth Panther

Stunning composition. Did you have to wade in the water to take this shot? Sorry for asking..

Jul 05, 2014 at 10:47 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Widemouth Panther

Thanks everyone! As far as the comp and being tight, no doubt it was a tough shoot. My camera is actually wedged into the bottom of the log you see at the top of the image. The trunk is blocking the view. 4 inches to the right, and there is a 2-3 foot cascade, and near impossible to get my tripod set up.

I was hoping to get there this year - but will have to wait until I am healed up. Perhaps next March (when this was taken) I will head back

Jul 06, 2014 at 12:02 AM
killersnowman
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Widemouth Panther

nicely done on the comp. seems nicely balanced and flows easily

Jul 06, 2014 at 09:38 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.