Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Anyone use google local splash? to be one of the top 7 sites?

agelessphotog
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anyone use google local splash? to be one of the top 7 sites?

I had a salesman call me today. He said they have room for 7 sites to come up at the top of the google searches for wedding photographers. Shows your business and contact info, a,b,c,d,e,f,g sites. Sounds cool but they want $200 a month. I said I don't think I could justify over $100 a month for that. He is going to see if he can get me a discount to try it and let me know. Anyone else try this and if so what were your results?

Jul 02, 2014 at 02:05 PM
lilyphoto
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anyone use google local splash? to be one of the top 7 sites?

I did this once. It was a complete and total waste of $400. I technically live in a suburb of Austin, and they refused to list me in the city of Austin but instead were using my HOME address. No one searches Google for "suburb wedding photographer", you know? They did NOT tell me they were going to do this before I signed up. They also didn't tell me that the link that would display in Google wouldn't link to my personal webpage. It links to this horrible amateur website that they create for you. Your actual website is listed on that webpage, but still.. not good.

After a lot of arguing and several phone calls I finally got them to cancel my remaining contract, but I wasn't able to get a refund for the 2 months that I had them.

Jul 02, 2014 at 02:34 PM
MVestergaard
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anyone use google local splash? to be one of the top 7 sites?

Here in Denmark it works quite well.

You sign up for a "page 1" contract.
That means that you get on page 1 or money back.

And then you select yourself which words you want to be on nr. 1 for.

Wedding photography *town* or something like that...

Jul 02, 2014 at 04:03 PM
MalachiConstant
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Anyone use google local splash? to be one of the top 7 sites?

agelessphotog wrote:
I had a salesman call me today. He said they have room for 7 sites to come up at the top of the google searches for wedding photographers. Shows your business and contact info, a,b,c,d,e,f,g sites. Sounds cool but they want $200 a month. I said I don't think I could justify over $100 a month for that. He is going to see if he can get me a discount to try it and let me know. Anyone else try this and if so what were your results?

Anyone who promises any sort of organic result page placement with their SEO is full of it.

The best thing you can do for your SEO is blog often and with good keywords, titles and alt tags for your images, plus it's free.

Jul 03, 2014 at 10:07 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.