Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Smoky Mountain Park suggestions?

SKYWESTR
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Smoky Mountain Park suggestions?

Hi, I'm going on vacation to the Pigeon Forge Tn area next week and was wondering if folks had any suggestions for trails or drives for good photos. I appreciate any suggestions.

Carl

Jul 02, 2014 at 01:00 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Smoky Mountain Park suggestions?

Google is your friend... Myself, when I go to someplace new, I search on Google, find images from that area that interest me and then I look those locations up and plot them out.

I have never figured out how someone else would know what I was interested in. So for myself, I do my own research and then if I have questions on specific trails or locations I wanted to visit but perhaps couldn't nail down the directions. That's what I would ask for.

Jim

Jul 03, 2014 at 08:15 AM
SKYWESTR
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Smoky Mountain Park suggestions?

Good for you Jim, I'm glad you take the time to do your own research. That's awesome, you're obviously a great guy.

Jul 05, 2014 at 01:00 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

JimKied
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Smoky Mountain Park suggestions?

If you want stream shots, you can't go wrong with the Tremont area and it is close to Cades Cove. Also greenbrier and roaring fork. If you want classic blue mountain sunsets or rises, a lot of turnouts on the BRP can provide that. Check out Morton overlook and clingmans dome. There may still be rhododendron at the higher elevations, but it is getting late.

Jul 05, 2014 at 04:16 AM
NCAndy
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Smoky Mountain Park suggestions?

Just saw this thread. I've been out of town on vacation. Hopefully not to late to help out. Since you are staying in Pigeon Forge, there are a couple obvious places to check out. Cade's Cove of course, which is closed to cars until 10am on Wed. and Sat. mornings. If you have a bike it's a great time to get an early start and avoid the traffic. Otherwise the earlier the better in the Cove. Any of the tribs of the Little and Little Pigeon Rivers are worth visiting. That includes Elkmont, Tremont, Greenbrier, and the Roaring Fork Motor Road. Climgman's Dome is always good for sunset as well as other pullouts higher up along US441.

Another stream worth checking out is Big Creek, hike up as far as you like for nice boulder gardens and pools. You can add that to a visit to Cataloochee Valley to see some elk.

If you have time take a drive over to the Blue Ridge Parkway which starts near Cherokee on the NC side. The best views begin about 8 miles up and continue at the higher elevations most of the way to Asheville. As with most landscape photography, mornings and evenings are best.

If you are a hiker, let me know and I can suggest a few hikes that might be of interest. Hope this helps and have a great trip.

Jul 07, 2014 at 04:35 PM
shekarn64
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Smoky Mountain Park suggestions?

Anyone planning a visit to Smokies, this is a great resource...

http://www.smokiesadventure.com/smokymountains/outdoors/scenic-drives.htm

Jul 21, 2014 at 07:40 PM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password