FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · "One Break, Coming Up"

wswartzwel
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · "One Break, Coming Up"

Spent the weekend at Mt Magazine, which is the highest point here in Arkansas. Hiked several trails, but got very few images due to rain showers, and thick fog.
After seeing gorgeous sunsets in my rear view mirror after leaving a location in the past, that I thought wouldn't clear up, I now always sit out storms. Got this little break in the clouds, and was able to take this shot, after wiping the rain drops off my lens several times. 1 exposure, as I am trying to improve my shooting skills in the area of exposing, and learning to compose for various lighting conditions. Thanks for taking the time to look, and please leave a comment, if you see things I need to correct in my shooting.

Bill

A Break Between Storms

Edited on Jun 29, 2014 at 02:43 PM · View previous versions

Jun 29, 2014 at 02:35 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · "One Break, Coming Up"

I like this composition. The sundays are nice. You may have dust on your sensor (top left) .

Jun 29, 2014 at 02:38 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · "One Break, Coming Up"

There's a lot to like in this image, a lot of drama and the interesting old tree.
Shooting into the sun can be tough though, especially like this. That part is somewhat blown out. More money, everything can be cured...

Jun 29, 2014 at 03:06 PM
goldscout
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · "One Break, Coming Up"

Nice shot. No way you can keep that central sun from blowing out.

Jun 29, 2014 at 05:49 PM
kcelsius

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · "One Break, Coming Up"

Really like the shot and how the light is shining through in the back!

Jun 29, 2014 at 06:51 PM
wswartzwel
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · "One Break, Coming Up"

Thanks everyone, for the comments. Much appreciated.

Jun 30, 2014 at 07:41 AM
Nigel Turner
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · "One Break, Coming Up"

I like this a lot. Great Composition and well held highlights which don't look blown on my monitor. Well done.

Jun 30, 2014 at 11:38 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · "One Break, Coming Up"

Hey Bill,

A really pretty cool shot here. This is one of those shots where the blown out sky from the sun seems very natural. Normally it distracts, but on occasion a blown out area works... it works here. The only thing I don't like in this wonderful shot is the blades of dried grass in the lower right corner. I would clone it or crop them out. They don't fit the scene if you will... But otherwise, this I think is my favorite shot I have seen from you.

Jim

Jun 30, 2014 at 02:01 PM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · "One Break, Coming Up"

love the light Bill

Jul 01, 2014 at 04:09 AM
wswartzwel
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · "One Break, Coming Up"

Thanks guys,

Jim, I did remove some of the brown grass for that reason, but realized there was just a dark area behind the grass so left some of it. I really enjoyed shooting this one, as I am getting more comfortable with heights.

Thanks, Bill

JimFox wrote:
Hey Bill,

A really pretty cool shot here. This is one of those shots where the blown out sky from the sun seems very natural. Normally it distracts, but on occasion a blown out area works... it works here. The only thing I don't like in this wonderful shot is the blades of dried grass in the lower right corner. I would clone it or crop them out. They don't fit the scene if you will... But otherwise, this I think is my favorite shot I have seen from you.

Jim

---------------------------------------------

kmunroe wrote:
love the light Bill

Jul 02, 2014 at 07:42 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.