New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2014 · TOT: Done with Amazon

runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · TOT: Done with Amazon

OnWednesday June25th, I ordered from Amazon. The site showed plenty in stock. Today, June 28th, I got an email that my item was shipped today. I don't know about this because UPS doesn't work week ends. Is this what they do to you if you don't use their expensive Prime?

Jun 28, 2014 at 09:52 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · TOT: Done with Amazon

Gee, not much info. Was it a product from Amazon or a third party? Which shipping method did you pay for? As you know, shipping or tracking info does not necessarily mean that the activity is occurring exactly at that time.

EBH

Jun 28, 2014 at 09:58 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · TOT: Done with Amazon

actually UPS does work on weekends as they do deliver, but at a cost. in addition amazon stating it has shipped means its on the dock for p/u and UPS has the info to pick it up. its in the shipping pipeline. so it is considered shipped. amazon is a big enough shipping partner to allow for UPS to logistally work with them

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/time/service/value_added/sat_delivery.html?srch_pos=1&srch_phr=weekend+delivery

Edited on Jun 28, 2014 at 10:02 PM · View previous versions

Jun 28, 2014 at 09:59 PM
AtomicPunk
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · TOT: Done with Amazon

Amazon usually never ships same day unless you are a Prime member or use one of their fast shipping methods like 1 or two days. This is how they can offer free shipping. If you select free shipping they pack all orders that are sent this way in to huge trailers at their shipping centers. They only move the trailers when they are full and/or are scheduled to be moved. What do you expect? It's free. Thats how they can offer the free shipping. It saves them money to ship this way. If you want more, pay for it.

Jun 28, 2014 at 10:00 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · TOT: Done with Amazon

Prime ain't so expensive in the long run depending on your purchasing from them. and your specific needs for timely delivery.

Jun 28, 2014 at 10:04 PM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · TOT: Done with Amazon

They sat on their hands for 3 days? According to UPS the shipping ticket has been created. Now they are promising delivery on Monday. Ain't gonna happen. This is the third time they've done me like this. There are many others who ship far more reliablythan amazon.

Jun 28, 2014 at 10:11 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · TOT: Done with Amazon

That's normal. For many companies...

Let me tell you of my B&H shipping experience on a Nikon DK-19 eye cup.

Free shipping using their super saver.
I mistakenly assumed it would be no slower than first class mail, especially for a tiny featherweight item.

Was I wrong! I ordered the $7.95 item on January 1, 2014
B&H Shipped it on January 2.
It must have walked across the United States because it finally was delivered on January 21, 2014 - almost three weeks later.

Count your blessings!

Back on topic, Amazon works well for me because of the Arizona distribution center. No matter what, it's usually two days. Don't be so hard on them.

Jun 28, 2014 at 10:15 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · TOT: Done with Amazon

Crying over a free service... lol

Jun 28, 2014 at 10:27 PM
M635_Guy
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · TOT: Done with Amazon

You have to look carefully at who is selling. Amazon is a portal for lots of other companies to sell through, and of course Amazon sells and fulfills itself. I've been a Prime member for a long time (it saves us money and hassle at Christmas with 3 kids, and is gravy the rest of the year, plus the video benefits, etc.)

My experience is Amazon itself ships quickly. There are new classes of very low-cost shipping (one is called "SmartPost" that are very slow. That is typically the class of shipping you get when you get "free" shipping now.

I'm guessing you bought from a non-Amazon seller, but whatever. If you have time expectations or constraints I don't know why you wouldn't expect/choose to pay more for faster service.

Jun 28, 2014 at 10:47 PM
mdbrown9999
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · TOT: Done with Amazon

They have a free 30 day trial of prime. Easily canceled after the trial.

Jun 28, 2014 at 11:34 PM
James R
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · TOT: Done with Amazon

I had similar problems with B&H and Roberts. I've even tracked an order from NY to van Nuy, CA and then to Ohio and back to VN and finally my house. UPS did send an email reporting a new delivery date, but no reason for the delay. In my experience, stuff happens. I don't get upset unless it cost me money.

Jun 28, 2014 at 11:44 PM
Fred Amico
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · TOT: Done with Amazon

Really don't see this as a problem. As already mentioned, most companies tell you it is shipped, when in fact all they have done is alerted the shipper that package is ready. Unless you paid for expedited shipping, instead of 'free' shipping, what's the beef?

Jun 28, 2014 at 11:53 PM
MP79
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · TOT: Done with Amazon

If you only want to shop online with a company that ships without delay every time you can go shop at...hmm, let's see...um...nowhere. So how about we forgo online and go pay much higher prices for those few items we can even find carried for sale locally versus the selection of what is for sale online? Well, no, that doesn't quite work out either. I guess we don't live in a perfect world and we have to make some compromises either way, who knew?

Amazon is one of the best, but Prime or no Prime, delays will happen and if you order enough stuff it will happen more than once. Also, as others have suggested, paying for expedited shipping when the need is there does help to considerably lessen the risk of disappointment in this regard. In any case, best of luck in the future with your new supplier.

Jun 29, 2014 at 12:48 AM
OccAeon
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · TOT: Done with Amazon

UPS does work on weekends for Amazon. In the last six months, I've found that Amazon now delivers on Saturdays and Sundays in my area (Delaware). So for some items, I can order on mid-day Saturday and they are here by Sunday afternoon. It's pretty neat.

Although one weird thing is that you still can't order on Sunday for delivery on a Monday.

Jun 29, 2014 at 01:16 AM
johnctharp
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · TOT: Done with Amazon

runamuck wrote:
OnWednesday June25th, I ordered from Amazon.

Yeah, it's not really likely that this happened three times if you actually ordered from Amazon. A third-party seller on Amazon? Might happen to you every time .

Then again, I've ordered stuff that was eligible for Prime that got to Texas from China in a week; came USPS. Now that's great service!

Jun 29, 2014 at 01:46 AM
garydavidjones
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · TOT: Done with Amazon

Are you a Prime member? If so, complain politely but firmly. They often extend Prime
membership for another month free. Also have free programs for students and new
mothers. You can get one of those memberships for awhile until they kick you off.
Free Prime instant movies often are ones that Netflix doesn't have. Worth the hassle.

Jun 29, 2014 at 03:13 AM
Steve Perry
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · TOT: Done with Amazon

Maybe I'm showing my age a little, but I remember pre-internet mail orders. They took 4-6 weeks and you paid for shipping. A few days to get something out with free shipping doesn't seem like a bad deal.

Jun 29, 2014 at 06:52 AM
binary visions
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · TOT: Done with Amazon

You haven't indicated what shipping service you used OR if you ordered from Amazon or a third party.

If you ordered from Amazon, they provided you an estimated arrival date, or a range of dates. Are they still within that range? If so, there's nothing to complain about. They've met their commitment. If not, contact their customer service and complain.

Jun 29, 2014 at 07:00 AM
NathanHamler
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · TOT: Done with Amazon

Well, all these problems will go away once Amazon has a bazillion drones buzzing all over the sky delivering packages....

Jun 29, 2014 at 07:02 AM
Jammyn
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · TOT: Done with Amazon

I am a prime member, however three days to ship was my experience before I purchased my membership. As others have stated, the shipping speed depends on a few variables, and even as a prime member there are a few times in which I have received delivery outside of the promised two-day delivery window.

I have found Amazon to be excellent to deal with, and very quick to fix errors in orders, etc. They will always have my business, in addition to the fact that prime membership gives me so much more than free two-day shipping

Jun 29, 2014 at 07:09 AM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.