Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Marina and the garage door :)

Fssv

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Marina and the garage door :)

Hi all... This is my first photo posted here

DSC00529 by modossv, on Flickr

DSC00552 by modossv, on Flickr

DSC00549 by modossv, on Flickr

DSC00532 by modossv, on Flickr

DSC00533 by modossv, on Flickr

Jun 27, 2014 at 02:29 PM
elliotkramer
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Marina and the garage door :)

I like the photos, but I am not too fond of the post processing. There is really no black point and they seem a bit washed out. There is an added texture or something which makes these look less "photographic." The red in the background bleeds onto her hair. The light is a little harsh for my taste. Mostly they are quite nice though.

Jun 27, 2014 at 03:14 PM
Herb
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Marina and the garage door :)

The marks on the background pull my eyes from her to it........that background with the marks has to go.....first two photos are good.....I would clone out the faint marks on the door and be proud of the photo. In photo #4, her flower is competing with the mark on the door......

Jun 27, 2014 at 08:29 PM
RobWNY
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Marina and the garage door :)

The first two work for me pretty well, but the stray hairs detract just a bit. I have issues with controlling stray hairs at shoots sometimes (especially outdoors) and end up having to deal with it in post. Doing it up front is always easier. The desaturated shadow processing is a personal taste thing I think.

Jun 27, 2014 at 08:52 PM
tsilva

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Marina and the garage door :)

She has a slight break to the right of her nose. Notice how in picture 4 the pose demphasizes it.

Jun 27, 2014 at 09:22 PM
Richard Booth
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Marina and the garage door :)

Nice first post. You didn't ask for it, but you got some critique anyway. Welcome to the forum. I understand the comments. If this is your style, stick with it. I think if you just move her away from the distractions on the background, they look fine.

Richard.

Jun 28, 2014 at 07:20 AM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Marina and the garage door :)

elliotkramer wrote:
I like the photos, but I am not too fond of the post processing. There is really no black point and they seem a bit washed out. There is an added texture or something which makes these look less "photographic." The red in the background bleeds onto her hair. The light is a little harsh for my taste. Mostly they are quite nice though.

nice model, I agree about processing and "washed out" look

Jun 28, 2014 at 07:27 AM
Fssv

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Marina and the garage door :)

elliotkramer It was an experiment, and I understand you, but I like active red background.... I did not want make soft female character

Rob Hickey I specially made flower contrasting with the mark on the door. I like this transition as bud that complements its

tsilva Mmmm thanks

Thank all for your feedback ..... and soon I plan to shoot her again

Jun 28, 2014 at 03:03 PM
Yudhi
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Marina and the garage door :)

Richard Booth wrote:
Nice first post. You didn't ask for it, but you got some critique anyway. Welcome to the forum. I understand the comments. If this is your style, stick with it. I think if you just move her away from the distractions on the background, they look fine.

Richard.

agree nice pic

Jun 28, 2014 at 11:29 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.