Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Advice on trips to Berlin Germany and Letchworth SP.

jonohio

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Advice on trips to Berlin Germany and Letchworth SP.

Good morning folks,

I have a couple upcoming trips, one to Berlin Germany (over 4th of July) and the other i'm taking the family camping to Letchworth State Park over Labor Day weekend. I have never been to either of these places so I was curious if anyone had any recommendations on places to stop/see/photo spots that I should be sure to check out around or nearby.

I know that these places are very different from each other but i figured i'd see what everyone's thoughts are. I always see great feedback from the forums.

My wife is going to a healthcare conference so I will have a couple days of time to myself to wander around Berlin and Potsdam. Of course if anyone has any non photography related recommendations I'm all ears as well.

- Jonathon

Jun 27, 2014 at 01:01 PM
beanpkk
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Advice on trips to Berlin Germany and Letchworth SP.

I was just at Letchworth a few weeks ago. The attractions there are the three falls, creatively named Upper, Middle, and Lower! Middle is the most spectacular, and you can basically drive to it. They also light it up at night, so plan on visiting it after dark at least once. Lower requires a walk, and the scenery includes a nice stone bridge downstream of the falls. But you can't see the near edge of the falls because of the terrain so photographically it's a challenge. It is the shortest (by far) of the three. Upper is at the top of a very nice section of gorge, but it is affected (positively or negatively is a matter of opinion) by a railroad bridge above it. If you could manage to get a shot of the falls with a train on the bridge that would be a good one!

If the sun is out, Middle generates some very nice rainbows:
Middle Falls Rainbow by beanp, on Flickr

From across the gorge, a short trail leads to this view. Be careful, as you can get right on the edge of a 500+ foot drop straight down!
Middle Falls by beanp, on Flickr

The more conventional view of Middle Falls:
Middle falls by beanp, on Flickr

Sunrise from one of the roadside overlooks.
Letchworth Sunrise by beanp, on Flickr

A short drive (half an hour?) away is Stony Brook State Park, with two large waterfalls and an attractive stream of its own.
Flows of Gold by beanp, on Flickr

Hope this helps.
Keith

Jul 10, 2014 at 01:36 AM
techie2

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Advice on trips to Berlin Germany and Letchworth SP.

Keith,

Those are some nice images of Letchworth.

Jul 25, 2014 at 12:45 AM
dcmack

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Advice on trips to Berlin Germany and Letchworth SP.

I managed to get a couple of shots of lower falls:

These were from a trip a couple of years ago.

Aug 14, 2014 at 09:07 PM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password