FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2014 · Adorama or B&H

Jason_Brook
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Adorama or B&H

Holy hell, a ripped box? The contents must have burst into flames the moment you removed them from that damaged package.

Adorama has always done me right and the few times things have gone awry, Helen is right there to make it right. She will call people out on their BS, which I think is the cause for the anti-adorama attitude seen lately.

Jul 28, 2014 at 11:53 AM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Adorama or B&H

vovkinson wrote:
I'm not talking about myself here. Don't change the subject.
:

Sent you a PM..................

Jul 28, 2014 at 12:35 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Adorama or B&H

Yo, Vladi, BOO HOO BOO HOO BOO HOO

Jul 28, 2014 at 02:14 PM
joesfbay

p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Adorama or B&H

For certain items, I would not worry about the ripped box. I just received a remote wireless trigger from a vendor (not B&H and Adorama as they do not sell that particular model). The packaging was just in a plastic shipping bag. The contents even fell out of the box. I tested the trigger and it worked. I threw away the box anyway.

Joe

Jul 28, 2014 at 07:58 PM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Adorama or B&H

vovkinson wrote:
I'm not talking about myself here. Don't change the subject.
You're hiding words "not-returnable" somewhere in the end of item overview which is very easy to miss and you're taking advantage of this making a customer buy the product and not being able to return it.

It wouldn't have made an iota of difference whether we'd gift-wrapped your orders in gold leaf, and hand-delivered them by a footman wearing a curly wig and white gloves......I have little doubt that you'd have found a reason to complain.

http://www.resellerratings.com/user/index/vovkinson/sort/likes/page/9

Please do not place any more orders from Adorama. We prefer to spend our time doing our best to meet the needs of genuine customers.

Jul 29, 2014 at 10:02 AM
Ronny Mills
• • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Adorama or B&H

vovkinson is now 'hidden'

Jul 29, 2014 at 04:13 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Adorama or B&H

Not sure I understand what a torn or ripped box has to do with returning an item. If I missed it I apologize but was the contents defective, broken or scared due to the ripped box?

And did Adorama refuse to take it back because the box was ripped?

I doubt it... but crap happens and that is why Helen and Henry are here. They can weed thru the ...well weeds and get the customer a replacement.
Dan

Jul 30, 2014 at 08:44 AM
Naranek
• •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Adorama or B&H

This thread started by matt4626 entitled "B&H" near the top of the next page provides some background on this person's relationships with Adorama and B&H.

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1299408

Jul 30, 2014 at 09:42 AM
unclechuck
• • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Adorama or B&H

A body or lens fine; the matching SN Box and paperwork is important. Everything else goes out with the trash.

And a word about working with Helen: a few weeks back I had a glitch with Adorama --- actually I helped cause it by buying a lens the day after the Canon rebate switched from instant to MIR. The site had glitch and I hit "BUY."

I wrote Helen, explained the situation and you could not ask for anyone more helpful.

FM is fortunate to have Helen & Henry --- enough with complaints that are obviously posted for publication, not resolution.

Jul 30, 2014 at 09:48 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Adorama or B&H

Charles, my friend..thanks for keeping straight! That is why I posted my kudos to H&H!
"Naranek"..got it! Thanks!

Somebody is stuck on stupid to be sure!!!!
Dan

Jul 30, 2014 at 10:49 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Adorama or B&H

I too have had issues with both companies but none that warrented the spitefull, downright nasty rhetoric displayed by this person.
All over a box!!!!
Helen has always been most gracious to me addressing my problems. That is all I ask.
Dan

Jul 30, 2014 at 10:56 AM
seniormediator
• •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Adorama or B&H

Never a problem with either company. I usually go to Adorama first because of the outstanding Sales Reps I have had on the phone. They tend to stay a long time and not only never try to sell me something I don't need, but on several occasions they have explained why I do NOT need to spend extra for fast shipping and such. Nothing wrong with B&H. I just like dealing with Adorama better. That said, if there was a better deal on the same new Item, or if I'm looking for a specific used item, I would use B&H in a heartbeat! On a scale of 1-10 I would rate B&H a 10. But on the same scale I would rate Adorama a 12!!! Why? Because of the little intangibles.

Aug 13, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Adorama or B&H

seniormediator wrote:
Never a problem with either company. I usually go to Adorama first because of the outstanding Sales Reps I have had on the phone. They tend to stay a long time and not only never try to sell me something I don't need, but on several occasions they have explained why I do NOT need to spend extra for fast shipping and such. Nothing wrong with B&H. I just like dealing with Adorama better. That said, if there was a better deal on the same new Item, or if I'm looking for a specific used item, I would use B&H
...Show more

Really kind of you to say so - and you should know, that we'll always do our best to price match to any equally reputable company; you only need to drop me an email: [email protected]

Aug 13, 2014 at 12:24 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Adorama or B&H

I mimic the positive remarks concerning "H&H" Inc....
While there have been small snafu's at both in my 15+ years dealing with B&H/Adorama, I really don't consider them problems.....unless...

I look at it this way, if I have a small problem and it is resolved, then it is not a problem. It is only when I have a problem and it does not get resolved or someone at either, both or any dealer wants to make an issue of it, that it becomes a REAL problem.
The customer is always right unless proven otherwise. And with "H&H" Inc(Helen and Henry) here they are in lockstep with that philosophy!
Those NAPP members here on FM, please don't forget Jeff Snyder, our NAPP/KelbyOne rep at Adorama...He handles 99.9% of my Adorama orders and is only a phone call away and members get free upgraded UPS shipping.
Dan

Aug 14, 2014 at 08:02 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.