Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Adorama or B&H

joesfbay

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Adorama or B&H

Anyone has experienced buying from Adorama? I have not bought from them. Resellingratings.com gives Adorama 9.57/10. I typically used B&H but their score is only 7.07/10. That have me question how accurate are those ratings as I have been very happy with B&H. This time I want to buy from Adorama because it has a better deal for the item I want. Thanks in advance.

Joe

Jun 27, 2014 at 05:35 AM
thait84

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Adorama or B&H

I would buy from whoever gave you the best deal. I think both are very reputable and fairly equivalent.

Jun 27, 2014 at 06:12 AM
anthonysemone
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Adorama or B&H

Josef, either one is good to go. I've ordered from them over the years and have gotten excellent service and equipment.

Jun 27, 2014 at 12:02 PM
herion
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Adorama or B&H

I've used both and have been very happy. B&H is around the corner from me

However, even B&H doesn't always have what I needed. I bought a used 40D from them (9+) but they didn't have an L-bracket. Adorama had one. So I had a nice walk downtown and had my whole kit in a day.

Jun 27, 2014 at 12:20 PM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Adorama or B&H

joesfbay wrote:
Anyone has experienced buying from Adorama? I have not bought from them. Resellingratings.com gives Adorama 9.57/10. I typically used B&H but their score is only 7.07/10. That have me question how accurate are those ratings as I have been very happy with B&H. This time I want to buy from Adorama because it has a better deal for the item I want. Thanks in advance.

Joe

If there is anything you need help with, Joe, you are always welcome to email me directly: Helen@adorama.com

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Jun 27, 2014 at 04:08 PM
henryp
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Adorama or B&H

joesfbay wrote:
I typically used B&H but their score is only 7.07/10. That have me question how accurate are those ratings as I have been very happy with B&H.

Thank you. Happy to help if we can. Our numbers at resellerratings.com are lower than they once were because we're no longer participating in their "merchant member" program. We are currently actively participating in TrustPilot.

herion wrote:

Sounds dangerous!!! :-)

Henry Posner
henryp@bhphoto.com
B&H Photo-Video

Edited on Jun 27, 2014 at 05:07 PM · View previous versions

Jun 27, 2014 at 04:34 PM
joesfbay

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Adorama or B&H

Thank you Helen and Henry for your replies.

Henry, I was very surprised by the reselling rating as I would rate B&H a 10. B&H has been my go to place for my online order of camera equipment.

Jun 27, 2014 at 05:06 PM
joesfbay

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Adorama or B&H

herion wrote:

However, even B&H doesn't always have what I needed. I bought a used 40D from them (9+) but they didn't have an L-bracket. Adorama had one. So I had a nice walk downtown and had my whole kit in a day.

That's nice. I wish we have camera stores like B&H and Adorama in the SF area. I have been to B&H when I was in NYC and it was great. As Henry said, that would be dangerous as I would spend more money than I should

Jun 27, 2014 at 05:11 PM
snapsy
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Adorama or B&H

Adorama is the best online store I've dealt with. I'm a fan of B&H as well but over the course of the years I've received about 3 items from them that were sold as new but were in fact used - because of this I normally limit my purchases from B&H to newly released items (that don't have an opportunity to be returns sold as new).

Jun 27, 2014 at 05:36 PM
unclechuck
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Adorama or B&H

Dealt with both with great service from each.

RE resellerratings.com, check the reviewer for rants.

In fact, if you were to check usernames in recent rants about B&H and Adorama you might discover why it's important to search the rating history of the reviewer. Often you find the same tone --- and tenacious bitterness is dumped on numerous merchants.

Everyone has off days, but between buying from these two companies, and watching H & H here on FM I have the impression it would take some effort --- or a personal history of abusive efforts --- to create a problem with them IF you described and documented the problem --- and gave them a fair chance to work it out.

Jun 28, 2014 at 04:07 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Fred Amico
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Adorama or B&H

unclechuck wrote:

In fact, if you were to check usernames in recent rants about B&H and Adorama you might discover why it's important to search the rating history of the reviewer. Often you find the same tone --- and tenacious bitterness is dumped on numerous merchants.

Everyone has off days, but between buying from these two companies, and watching H & H here on FM I have the impression it would take some effort --- or a personal history of abusive efforts --- to create a problem with them
...Show more

Couldn't agree more. B&H and Adorama are my two main sources for photo gear. With either you are pretty much assured of a fair shake when it comes to any problems you may encounter.

Jun 29, 2014 at 05:01 AM
joesfbay

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Adorama or B&H

Thanks to all for your replies and assurance that both Adorama and B&H are good. I have just placed an order through Adorama's website.

Joe

Jun 29, 2014 at 06:30 AM
nolaguy
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Adorama or B&H

Side note that I'd consider the FM community "reviews" far more credible than any review site.

Great companies, both.

Jun 30, 2014 at 08:44 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Adorama or B&H

Some 30 yrs ago, I'd buy an issue of Popular Photography just for the Adorama/B&H
multi-page ads in the back. I'd pick up the phone and place an order with either one
in complete confidence. Only thing that's changed is the internet's ease of ordering.

Jul 01, 2014 at 02:04 PM
snapsy
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Adorama or B&H

unclechuck wrote:

Everyone has off days, but between buying from these two companies, and watching H & H here on FM I have the impression it would take some effort --- or a personal history of abusive efforts --- to create a problem with them
...Show more

Agreed, and I'll also add that reseller ratings charges a kings ransom to vendors like B&H and Adorama for the simple right to defend themselves against negative reviews. I think that's unfair, and many vendors have opted out of the program due to the exorbitant fees charged to them.

Jul 01, 2014 at 02:23 PM
henryp
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Adorama or B&H

snapsy wrote:
Agreed, and I'll also add that reseller ratings charges a kings ransom to vendors like B&H and Adorama for the simple right to defend themselves against negative reviews. I think that's unfair, and many vendors have opted out of the program due to the exorbitant fees charged to them.

This is 100% correct and no small part of the reason we have opted out of participating there.

Henry Posner
henryp@bhphoto.com
B&H Photo-Video

Jul 01, 2014 at 02:28 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Adorama or B&H

Snapsy and Henry, thanks so much for that info. I had no idea, Henry, that you all had to pay a fee to defend yourselves. Rip-off artists themselves, eh?

Jul 01, 2014 at 02:33 PM
Jim8EL
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Adorama or B&H

henryp wrote:
This is 100% correct and no small part of the reason we have opted out of participating there.

Henry Posner
henryp@bhphoto.com
B&H Photo-Video

Good for you!

You've got to admit though it's a brilliant business model...if not a moral Fail!
Start a site to let anyone slander a business with impunity, and then charge the injured party an exorbitant fee to defend themselves. Only on the internet...

Jul 01, 2014 at 06:42 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Adorama or B&H

So where can we post a rating to call out these arse receptacles

Jul 01, 2014 at 06:59 PM
henryp
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Adorama or B&H

anthonysemone wrote:
So where can we post a rating to call out these arse receptacles

We are currently actively participating in TrustPilot.

Henry Posner
henryp@bhphoto.com
B&H Photo-Video

Jul 01, 2014 at 07:03 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password