1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2014 · My RX100 mk3 impressions

Dr Tone
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · My RX100 mk3 impressions

skasol wrote:
what is the overall feeling on this camera?

I love it, I'm taking more pictures than ever. I go places where lugging my A99 just isn't an option. Fly in fishing, ATVing in the back country etc.

It takes wonderful pictures, the 24mm wide was more important to me than the long end on the M2. The raw files certainly don't have the head room the A99 allows but like I said I can't lug the heavy A99 around in a light air craft full of gear or a bouncing ATV.

Arriving at a remote lake only accessible by plane.

Just before flying out after the trip.

Aug 20, 2014 at 09:43 PM
h00ligan
• • • •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · My RX100 mk3 impressions

rw11 wrote:
re asking here.. I'm not clear on iMode and i+ mode - as a Nikon shooter, maybe they correspond to something in Nikonia alternate universe?

I believe I+ uses multi frame noise reduction to keep overall lower iso while selecting an appropriate auto scene mode. Vs just selecting an auto scene mode.

On the mk 1 it worked well for stills in very dark situations at the expense of some sharpness. Read up on the multi frame.

It shouldn't select multi frame noise reduction though in that mode in situations where a very high iso wouldn't be needed to maintain adequate shutter speed.

Lovely second shot there.

Received mine. And he's that should be the difference between the two I a modes.

Aug 20, 2014 at 11:05 PM
Dr Tone
• •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · My RX100 mk3 impressions

FYI: Sony just released a firmware update for the RX100M3. It seems to be a fix for the won't turn on because of false battery issues.

Not sure if anything else has changed.

v1.00 -> v1.10

Aug 28, 2014 at 02:21 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.