Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2014 · First Upload

Boss302
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · First Upload

I have watched this forum for quite a while. Time to jump in.

I donated a couple hours of photography services to a local educational fundraiser. Fortunately, a friend of mine had the winning bid. She decided she want to get images of her son (the Groom) and his Groomsmen and some family photos getting ready before his wedding. I asked her to contact the Primary Photographer and ask for permission to do this (not wanting to cross lines) and she was fine with it. I met the nicest group of young men that I have been around in a long time. They were so helpful with each other. Usually my contact time with the Groom's party is limited, so I really got to spend some time around the guys.

I ended up traveling with the Groom's party to the wedding venue. I did some venue detail shots and then followed the Mother of the Groom doing images of her family, friends and things she wanted (I felt pretty good about this as she is battling a life threatening illness). I never did run into the Primary Photographer (solo shooter) and just when I was finishing up before the ceremony, the Primary came up, introduced herself and asked me to stay and help shoot the ceremony. I'm not one to pass up an opportunity, I stayed. So glad I did. The Primary was just getting started in wedding photography and this was what I considered a large wedding (really needed a second or at least a dedicated assistant).

C & C welcomed.

Jun 24, 2014 at 02:06 PM
Boss302
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · First Upload

second

Jun 24, 2014 at 02:12 PM
Boss302
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · First Upload

next

Jun 24, 2014 at 02:14 PM
rondphoto
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · First Upload

Your watermark. It's very amateurish.

You said the wedding was of a larger scale, but you'd never know that from the photos. The photos don't really tell a story...they're just photos.

Jun 24, 2014 at 03:09 PM
Prettym1k3
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · First Upload

OP, please don't take this personally, but I agree with rondphoto.

The images themselves are good, but they aren't telling much of a story. They're tightly shot, and don't show much of the "grandness" or a large wedding.

Do you have more?

Jun 24, 2014 at 03:37 PM
Boss302
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · First Upload

rondphoto wrote:
Your watermark. It's very amateurish.

You said the wedding was of a larger scale, but you'd never know that from the photos. The photos don't really tell a story...they're just photos.

Good point on the watermark. I have a more formal mark and will use it next time.

Jun 24, 2014 at 04:54 PM
Boss302
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · First Upload

Prettym1k3 wrote:
OP, please don't take this personally, but I agree with rondphoto.

The images themselves are good, but they aren't telling much of a story. They're tightly shot, and don't show much of the "grandness" or a large wedding.

Do you have more?

I do have others, but was having a bit of trouble figuring out how to upload all at one time like others. It limited uploads to 5 - is there another/better way? Help?

Jun 24, 2014 at 04:55 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · First Upload

The way others upload is to upload them on their own web server and then link to them here using forum code like:
(img)http://website[dot]com/imagelocation[dot]jpg(/img)

replace () with [] and [dot] with .

Jun 24, 2014 at 05:08 PM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · First Upload

TTLKurtis wrote:
The way others upload is to upload them on their own web server and then link to them here using forum code like:
(img)http://website[dot]com/imagelocation[dot]jpg(/img)

replace () with [] and [dot] with .

Just curious- why do they set things up so that one needs a Computer Science degree to post images here?

Just thinking out loud...

Jun 24, 2014 at 05:23 PM
swoop
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · First Upload

Nikon_14 wrote:
Just curious- why do they set things up so that one needs a Computer Science degree to post images here?

That's the way forums have been forever. It's like html 101. Stuff everyone should know in this day and age.

Jun 24, 2014 at 05:26 PM
Jamesbjenkins
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · First Upload

Nikon_14 wrote:

Because, I imagine Fred doesn't have the desire to pay a gazillion dollars a month in server, hosting, maintenance and IT costs that would be required if he hosted everybody's images here. There would be literally millions of images at 3-10MB per image. That would get ridiculous really quickly.

It doesn't take a computer science degree to possess a basic understanding of how the internet works...

Jun 25, 2014 at 10:53 AM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · First Upload

Boss302 wrote:
I do have others, but was having a bit of trouble figuring out how to upload all at one time like others. It limited uploads to 5 - is there another/better way? Help?

I wouldn't ever upload anything if it weren't for this tool:

h ttp://www.andrew-ho.com/convert.html

Jun 25, 2014 at 12:55 PM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · First Upload

dhp_sf wrote
I wouldn't ever upload anything if it weren't for this tool:

h ttp://www.andrew-ho.com/convert.html

Duy,

Thanks. Nice to see that there are people who can post relevant material instead of being snarky.

Jun 26, 2014 at 07:57 AM
MVestergaard
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · First Upload

Like nr 1 and 2 in the second post.

Also I would level the images. Some of them are crooked.

(...and the watermark!!)

Jun 28, 2014 at 05:46 PM
croisenjc

p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · First Upload

Very useful comments that I can remember for my shots~!

Jun 28, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Boss302
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · First Upload

MVestergaard wrote:
Like nr 1 and 2 in the second post.

Also I would level the images. Some of them are crooked.

(...and the watermark!!)

Thank you. I will work on the leveling of the images (and will change the watermark). I appreciate the specific comment.

Jul 01, 2014 at 01:06 PM
Robin Usagani
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · First Upload

It is very easy to post an image here. You just put the link to the jpg file and it will code it for you. It is only complicated when you have to resize it.

Jul 01, 2014 at 01:59 PM
stevez32
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · First Upload

Not sure if its been mentioned but helps if you number them. The guys group photo would be better without that red car in the background, a simple step to the right would have corrected that.

Jul 01, 2014 at 02:03 PM
Adalsteinn

p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · First Upload

Nice set. Love #2 in the second set as well!

Jul 02, 2014 at 03:34 PM
roger lund
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · First Upload

I like 2 and 5.

What was your objective? you need to set one, and try to achieve your goal. Where you trying to get shots the photographer wasn't? aka candid? I think capturing the mood of the event is a objective that you could have focused on. but like I said , I liked 2 and 5 the best.

Jul 02, 2014 at 03:43 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.