p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A couple from the weekend

All C&C appreciated

Jun 23, 2014 at 04:49 PM
film_4ever
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A couple from the weekend

Beautiful images.

Great location. The model's dress really contrasts well with the foliage. (I would probably clone out the leaf, at the bottom center, in image 1. But it's okay as is. Maybe the branch running diagonally behind her head as well.)

The lighting in image 2 is pretty nice, except for the slight hot spot on her right hand. A little stronger catch light in her eyes would be nice too.

Great job.

Jun 23, 2014 at 04:55 PM
flyrcairplanes

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A couple from the weekend

I really like both of these images but when I look at image #1 she stands out such that it almost looks like a composite. What causes that phenomenon as I see it in my images sometimes as well and how do i "fix it".

Jun 23, 2014 at 06:14 PM
Herb
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A couple from the weekend

Really nice. Looking the first one it had a 3D effect to me....she just pops off the screen! What lens and aperture setting did you use?

Jun 23, 2014 at 09:47 PM
Herb
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A couple from the weekend

Really nice. Looking the first one it had a 3D effect to me....she just pops off the screen! What lens and aperture setting did you use?

Jun 23, 2014 at 09:51 PM
Spectrum Photo

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A couple from the weekend

Great photos. I love the great background, what a nice backdrop for a shoot.

I'll echo the right hand in #2. It might not even be a big deal but it's featured front and center so I'd say try and tone down that highlight a bit.

Wonderful pictures though, those eyes almost jump off the screen.

Jun 23, 2014 at 11:49 PM
Jay_Be
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · A couple from the weekend

Agree with the comments above. Nice subject separation and lovely smooth bokeh. I noticed you used a 200f1.8. Aperture? By the way, I didn't realise you were also a forum member. I'll message you so you what I'm talking about.

Jun 24, 2014 at 03:03 AM
brian500au
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · A couple from the weekend

film_4ever wrote:
Beautiful images.

Great location. The model's dress really contrasts well with the foliage. (I would probably clone out the leaf, at the bottom center, in image 1. But it's okay as is. Maybe the branch running diagonally behind her head as well.)

The lighting in image 2 is pretty nice, except for the slight hot spot on her right hand. A little stronger catch light in her eyes would be nice too.

Great job.

Thanks for the feedback. I will take your advice and do a little cloning in #1 and reduce the hotspot in #2. These shots were taken with natural light so the catch lights in her eyes are what they are (unless I want to add a bit more doing PP).

Jun 24, 2014 at 04:51 AM
brian500au
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · A couple from the weekend

flyrcairplanes wrote:
I really like both of these images but when I look at image #1 she stands out such that it almost looks like a composite. What causes that phenomenon as I see it in my images sometimes as well and how do i "fix it".

Thank you for the feedback

I really don't mind the composite look (as long as it is not a composite). You can "fix it" in PP but I do prefer the look this lens produces.

Jun 24, 2014 at 04:53 AM
brian500au
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · A couple from the weekend

Herb wrote:

Thank you for the feedback

I was using a 200 f1.8 @ f1.8. It is a legendary lens with a unique signature of it's own.

Jun 24, 2014 at 04:55 AM
brian500au
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · A couple from the weekend

Spectrum Photo wrote:
Great photos. I love the great background, what a nice backdrop for a shoot.

I'll echo the right hand in #2. It might not even be a big deal but it's featured front and center so I'd say try and tone down that highlight a bit.

Wonderful pictures though, those eyes almost jump off the screen.

Thank you for the feedback - I will take your advice re the hotspot on her hand in #2.

Jun 24, 2014 at 04:56 AM
Frock
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · A couple from the weekend

Nice shots. I would add they are too cool. They really come alive when you warm them up... ie curves adjustment dragging curve into the yellow and away from the blue...or of course warm up your WB.

Jun 24, 2014 at 10:37 AM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · A couple from the weekend

smooth background bokeh

Jun 24, 2014 at 01:57 PM
Mickeymoose

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · A couple from the weekend

Very, very nice!

Jun 27, 2014 at 02:09 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.