New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Ordering Yongnuo lites and receiving in four days

friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Ordering Yongnuo lites and receiving in four days

I'm leaving Saturday for a wedding in the Colorado Rockies, and decided to add a couple Yongnuo speedlights to my arsenal. It seems you can't just buy new Yongnuo speedlights at a camera store, and in their website, they talk about the process being a day print the order in their system, another day to package the order at their warehouse, and then yet another day to get the package to their shipper. Are you freakin' kidding me? I'm wondering how many naps they take in the process?

They leave no way of real-time communication, no phone number, no chat availability.

I'm wondering if I'm better off just getting another brand of speedlights. Just liked the HSS capability of the Yongnuo.

Jun 23, 2014 at 11:23 AM
jamesmorophoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Ordering Yongnuo lites and receiving in four days

get the neewer lithium speedlites. you can order them free 2 day air via amazzon prime.

Jun 23, 2014 at 10:47 PM
amacal1
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Ordering Yongnuo lites and receiving in four days

But from an Amazon retailer that can deliver in 1 or two days. That's what I always do and I've never had an issue.

Jun 26, 2014 at 07:57 AM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Ordering Yongnuo lites and receiving in four days

not sure if it's significant but the neewer flash has lots of negative reviews and poor customer support.

http://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/B00GJMD08M/ref=acr_dpx_hist_1?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0

Jun 26, 2014 at 08:57 AM
hijazist
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Ordering Yongnuo lites and receiving in four days

jzucker wrote:
not sure if it's significant but the neewer flash has lots of negative reviews and poor customer support.

http://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/B00GJMD08M/ref=acr_dpx_hist_1?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0

I don't see "lots of negative reviews". It got 4.5 out of 5 stars

Jun 26, 2014 at 09:25 AM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Ordering Yongnuo lites and receiving in four days

take a look again. Some of the 3 star reviews discuss flaws, DOAs and very early failures. That's 20% of 1,2 & 3 star reviews out of the total. I would call that "lots" ...

If there were 1000 reviews you expect a few negatives but considering you have to send back to china or hong kong , i dunno. I'd probably recommend buying from cheetah...

Jun 26, 2014 at 10:08 AM
hijazist
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Ordering Yongnuo lites and receiving in four days

I really don't mean to argue but here's the Canon 580EX II reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Speedlite-580EX-Digital-Cameras/product-reviews/B000NP3DJW/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

And here's the Nikon SB900 reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-SB-900-Speedlight-Digital-Cameras/product-reviews/B001BTG3OQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

They both have more negative reviews including DOAs so I don't get your point. Also, you don't have to send it back to China or Hong Kong because you simply return it to Amazon for a refund.

Jun 26, 2014 at 05:00 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Ordering Yongnuo lites and receiving in four days

you can't return it to amazon for a refund if it fails after 45 days. Anyway, i'm outta here. Do what makes you comfortable.

Jun 26, 2014 at 05:46 PM
phreakness

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Ordering Yongnuo lites and receiving in four days

I've had problems with the Neewer flashes and their quality. I got two from amazon and the first one was bad out of the box and Amazon took care of it. Got the new one and it was bad, got a refund. The second one started misfiring after 3 months and getting them warrantied was a nightmare. Sold it on craigslist. When they work their excellent but when they dont its a hassle.

I bought all my YongNuo stuff from this guy on ebay. Not the cheapest but quick US based seller. Never had a warranty issue with them though
http://www.ebay.com/usr/online366?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Jun 26, 2014 at 10:42 PM
Allynb
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Ordering Yongnuo lites and receiving in four days

Amazon carries Yongnuo and with Prime you should have you're item in 2 days.

Allan

Jul 03, 2014 at 09:38 PM
n8changus1aj

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Ordering Yongnuo lites and receiving in four days

i'm outta here.

Jul 08, 2014 at 09:58 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.