New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · DXO Viewpoint 2

ebookman
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · DXO Viewpoint 2

Has anybody succeeded in using the DXO Viewpoint 2 plug-in external editor from within Lightroom?

Jun 20, 2014 at 11:38 PM
dlabrecque
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · DXO Viewpoint 2

Sure. Had it running previously on 5.4, but have since upgraded to LR 5.5 in the last day. After reading your post I opened it up from the new installation and found out that Viewpoint had updated slightly to 2.1.6, probably in keeping up with the newer version of LR.

I've learned that Viewpoint has a strong preference for TIFF files. You didn't say which format you were using, but I usually have success with converting LR files into TIFF format while preserving Lightroom changes. Bearing that in mind it works as advertised.

Jun 21, 2014 at 01:04 AM
dlabrecque
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · DXO Viewpoint 2

One additional suggestion; try opening your file using Photo>Edit In>DxO Viewpoint 2

Jun 21, 2014 at 01:14 AM
Alan321
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · DXO Viewpoint 2

I use it for squaring-up photos of flat objects that were taken from an oblique angle. It works a treat, whereas Lr seems to mess it up far more often than it works. However, I still manage the photos within Lr and being able to send an image to ViewPoint 2 and have it come back stacked next to the original is very handy.

Jun 21, 2014 at 05:57 AM
Rajan Parrikar
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · DXO Viewpoint 2

For perspective correction the tools in ACR work very well now. But I still use DxO Viewpoint for corrections to volume deformation in wide angle people shots.

Jun 21, 2014 at 03:00 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.