Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Sony RX100 III now in stock on B&H, Adorama and Amazon

Jeff Kott
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Sony RX100 III now in stock on B&H, Adorama and Amazon

snapsy wrote:
The forthcoming Panasonic LX8 will likely be priced aggressively against the RX100M3.

OK, so you're saying it's overpriced compared to a rumored camera that hasn't been announced, we don't know what the price will be when/if it is announced, the rumors don't have all the specifications (like EVF resolution) and we don't know how it will perform compared to the RX 110 iii.

So based on what we know and don't know about the LX8, if it is priced at the rumored price of $900, would you still say the RX 100 iii is overpriced.

Jun 23, 2014 at 09:13 PM
snapsy
• • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Sony RX100 III now in stock on B&H, Adorama and Amazon

Jeff Kott wrote:
OK, so you're saying it's overpriced compared to a rumored camera that hasn't been announced, we don't know what the price will be when/if it is announced, the rumors don't have all the specifications (like EVF resolution) and we don't know how it will perform compared to the RX 110 iii.

So based on what we know and don't know about the LX8, if it is priced at the rumored price of $900, would you still say the RX 100 iii is overpriced.

I'm not saying the RX100M3 is overpriced, just that the LX8 will likely be priced aggressively against it

Jun 23, 2014 at 09:33 PM
Jeff Kott
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Sony RX100 III now in stock on B&H, Adorama and Amazon

snapsy wrote:
I'm not saying the RX100M3 is overpriced, just that the LX8 will likely be priced aggressively against it

Sorry, I read the part of the post that said it was overpriced and didn't understand since the rumor is that the LX8 will be $799.

http://www.43rumors.com/ft4-panasonic-lx8-will-have-shoot-4k-video-and-be-priced-at-900/

So, if the pricing part of the rumor is correct, would you say the RX 100 iii is priced fairly?

Jun 23, 2014 at 09:56 PM
snapsy
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Sony RX100 III now in stock on B&H, Adorama and Amazon

Jeff Kott wrote:
Sorry, I read the part of the post that said it was overpriced and didn't understand since the rumor is that the LX8 will be $799.

http://www.43rumors.com/ft4-panasonic-lx8-will-have-shoot-4k-video-and-be-priced-at-900/

So, if the pricing part of the rumor is correct, would you say the RX 100 iii is priced fairly?

Naturally it's a subjective decision since perceived value is different for everyone. But for what the RX100M3 is I think it's pretty richly priced, and would be more reasonable at around $599.

Edited on Jun 23, 2014 at 10:32 PM · View previous versions

Jun 23, 2014 at 10:07 PM
umsl12
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Sony RX100 III now in stock on B&H, Adorama and Amazon

millsart wrote:
Surely your Mac w/ retina display wasn't a value priced item either

First, this is a photo forum, not PC forum .
Second, and FYI, my Macbook pro retina does value to me, for $1000 I paid for new, it's much more valuable than a $800- P/S camera.

Jun 23, 2014 at 10:26 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

itai195
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Sony RX100 III now in stock on B&H, Adorama and Amazon

I think $800 is a pretty fair price. This is a camera that currently has no competition. We can revisit price when the LX8 is out, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Sony get more aggressive if they have to.

Sure, you could get a much cheaper P&S. To millsart's point, or how I interpreted it anyway, if you want the best then it's going to cost more.

Jun 24, 2014 at 07:38 AM
jerrywielo

p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Sony RX100 III now in stock on B&H, Adorama and Amazon

It's always nice to have a small camera in the pocket - that's why every phone has it - right? I have been using MK2 for a three months (Costco version) and I must say that MK1 was much smaller... Now MK3 looks like gain the size again ... not a pocket size any more... I have DSLRs and idea for having small true pocket size was tempting but I don't think I will be buying MK3. For that money I would buy new lens for my D600 or/and D800.

Jun 24, 2014 at 04:19 PM
jonmason

Account locked
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Sony RX100 III now in stock on B&H, Adorama and Amazon

$900 is a bit steep

Jun 28, 2014 at 06:22 PM
millsart
• • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Sony RX100 III now in stock on B&H, Adorama and Amazon

jonmason wrote:
$900 is a bit steep

Well its actually only $799, but I'm assuming since you've made 17 post in the last few hours and just joined today your merely interested in getting the 25 post limit for B&S......

Jun 28, 2014 at 06:33 PM
greenmt

p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Sony RX100 III now in stock on B&H, Adorama and Amazon

according to 43rumors.com, we probably have to wait until August to see the announcement of Panasonic LX8

Jul 05, 2014 at 08:35 PM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password