Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Nikon F2T question

raboof
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikon F2T question

I am no camera collector but just ran into these two bodies and picked them up not realizing they are not just F2 but they are F2T cameras. Looking through eBay, I think they go for over 1K for a 9 condition. I wonder if mine worth that much. They are both in working condition. The power drives work great too. Considering these two serial numbers are right next to each other, do you think this would bring additional value?
Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Jun 20, 2014 at 02:51 AM
jeffryscott
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikon F2T question

Stunningly beautiful.

Jun 20, 2014 at 03:04 AM
hans98ko
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nikon F2T question

May I know where is it that indicates they are pair of F2T's?
To the best of my knowledge Nikon did not produce any F2T but started the production in F3T.
Some third party did produced a couple T models for all sort of brands including different kinds of leather skins.
So I would not really value them too much as a collector's item, but more as a customized item.
Only if you can produce the Original User Manual that says that they are indeed F2T than I will believe you so.
Also Nikon never ever make any drives in titanium including their F3's or FM's.

Jun 20, 2014 at 04:03 AM
raboof
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nikon F2T question

I looked up this site and the serial numbers indicate that they are F2T's

http://mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/nikonf2/f2/variants/f2titan/index_F2titan2.htm

Jun 20, 2014 at 04:10 AM
hans98ko
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Nikon F2T question

As a collector's item you will need the original box and manuals, and in the manual stated which parts are made with titanium? As in the F3T, it is stated the prism cover, the top and base plates, the front and back covers.
In you pictures the prisms are ordinary A and AS prisms. And you have 2 different ASA dials for 2 consecutive s/n, and that is not normal.
Another best way to check is from Nikon site and the camera release chart which I don't recall seeing any F2T in it or else I would have a copy in my personal museum.

Edited on Jun 20, 2014 at 04:51 AM · View previous versions

Jun 20, 2014 at 04:34 AM
raboof
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Nikon F2T question

http://imaging.nikon.com/history/legendary/rhnc12ti-e/

Jun 20, 2014 at 04:50 AM
Vilk

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Nikon F2T question

jeffryscott wrote:
Stunningly beautiful.

can't help but echo... 'mazing stuff!

the MD on the right may be "unrewindable" (can you spot the diff? ) and the soft release is not nikon's, but wow, what a find... i have a hard-working pair here just like this, minus the ti. if you ever considered shooting film, nothing will feel right after you run a few rolls through these two...

Edited on Jun 20, 2014 at 02:53 PM · View previous versions

Jun 20, 2014 at 04:55 AM
hans98ko
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Nikon F2T question

Interesting, I didn't come across this until today after reading your link.
But unless your s/n falls within those few hundreds of unmarked black units, it might not worth anything because as I mentioned above parts might have already been replaced due to damage or wear and tear.
And I also wonder if those few hundreds used internally have normal s/n at all?

Jun 20, 2014 at 05:04 AM
raboof
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Nikon F2T question

Thanks for the inputs. I don't think there are any parts that was replaced. One has a titanium finder and the AS finder was brought over from my old F2. I'll keep these definitely. The more I read about it, the more I think these are very rare bodies and you probably never going to find them next to each other like this.

Vilk - Yup, the button.

Jun 20, 2014 at 05:11 AM
Vilk

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Nikon F2T question

ah, so you had one already, i must be preaching to the choir (as in "you can't have one and not love it" )

Jun 20, 2014 at 05:44 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

John Skinner
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Nikon F2T question

Shot these for years. Registered as lethal weapons in 49 states and all provinces.

And fine examples of users here. I see the serial numbers... but the look of them doesn't say "T". Either way.. great bodies with (I'm sure) great histories.

Jun 20, 2014 at 06:07 AM
r_o_b_s_o_n
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Nikon F2T question

hans98ko wrote:
Another best way to check is from Nikon site and the camera release chart which I don't recall seeing any F2T in it or else I would have a copy in my personal museum.

sounds like your personal museum is incomplete... I know a guy who's got a couple of sequential SN F2 Titans... maybe he'll sell them for your museum?

Jun 20, 2014 at 07:12 AM
hans98ko
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Nikon F2T question

My museum will never be complete like most museums do, but I do collect those cameras that have historical values to me.
Sure would like to own one of those with F2T engraved on it and place it next to my Silver F3T, because I used to owned one of those F2AS during the 70s, but pricing and getting a good copy is a major concern after all these decades.

Jun 20, 2014 at 08:30 AM
carlitos
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Nikon F2T question

>>>In you pictures the prisms are ordinary A and AS prisms. And you have 2 different ASA dials for 2 consecutive s/n, and that is not normal.<<<

The A and the AS metering heads do have different ASA dials. This is purely a characteristic of the metering head. The metering heads have their own serial numbers, and weren't made of titanium.

I think the F2 Titan came with a non-metering pentaprism, not an "A" or "AS" metering head. So you would need to find a pair of those.

Normal black body F2's would show "brassing" under wear or scratches. These appear to show a grey metal which would indicate titanium. Also F2 black body's were glossy paint, not textured. The "92" at the beginning of the serial number means 1992, so they are the proper vintage for F2 Titans.

Jun 20, 2014 at 01:27 PM
carlitos
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Nikon F2T question

>>>To the best of my knowledge Nikon did not produce any F2T but started the production in F3T.<<<

Unlike the mythical D400, F2 Titans do exist.

Jun 20, 2014 at 01:31 PM
Vilk

p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Nikon F2T question

oi, came back to check up on these cuties first thing in the morning

fix that rewind lock, get an eyepiece for the A (have you tried the chunky F3 eyepieces? very sweet) and live the good life, lucky man

put them in your will

Jun 20, 2014 at 02:50 PM
Vilk

p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Nikon F2T question

Vilk wrote:
i have a hard-working pair here just like this...

i see i lied, overawed... make that two pairs

Jun 20, 2014 at 02:55 PM
raboof
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Nikon F2T question

Yeah. They are going down with me.

I need to clean them up and run them through a few rolls. Sover Wong has some info on the fake F2/T and I m pretty sure these are not fake. I'll find a good eyepiece for the A. The finish on it also tells me that the A is also Titanium. I am sure the AS isn't titanium.

Will see if I can fix that MD2's button. Thanks.

Jun 20, 2014 at 03:07 PM
r_o_b_s_o_n
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Nikon F2T question

so.... I think we need to hear the story of how these came to be? where did you come across them?

Jun 20, 2014 at 03:12 PM
raboof
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Nikon F2T question

r_o_b_s_o_n wrote:
so.... I think we need to hear the story of how these came to be? where did you come across them?

I bought a MB-1 for my older F2 but it didn't come with the MS-1 battery packs. Been looking online to find them and ran into these. Since the MS-1's are pretty hard to find, my hope was to find them in these and resell the rest to get some money back.

Jun 20, 2014 at 03:31 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password