Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Right Choice - Sensor Cleaning System - Visible Dust

hrogersiii

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Right Choice - Sensor Cleaning System - Visible Dust

I am looking to buy a sensor dust removal for my Nikon D7000 and will be upgrading to a D800 sometime in the near future.

Can someone suggest the brush, loop and blower kit that I should buy?

Thanks.

Harry

Jun 20, 2014 at 01:26 AM
Steve Park
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Right Choice - Sensor Cleaning System - Visible Dust

I hate to sound like endorsing one brand over others, but I have been using "Copper Hill Method" worked great for the lowest cost over time. Well, it just happened to be the lowest cost but it worked best for me, really.

If interested, try search here(sorry, I have the link, but I don't want to get negative or positive publicity).

Jun 20, 2014 at 02:34 AM
chuhsi1
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Right Choice - Sensor Cleaning System - Visible Dust

I bought this lollipop stick thing from photography life and it's fantastic. Works well, takes only a few minutes, and not too expensive .

Jun 20, 2014 at 03:35 AM
mdbrown9999
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Right Choice - Sensor Cleaning System - Visible Dust

If it doesn't blow off, use liquid and wipes. All the different brands of wipes look pretty much the same.

Jun 20, 2014 at 04:15 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

thoang77

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Right Choice - Sensor Cleaning System - Visible Dust

chuhsi1 wrote:
I bought this lollipop stick thing from photography life and it's fantastic. Works well, takes only a few minutes, and not too expensive .

I too have one of these for my D600, sensor gel stick I think is what they call it on photography life. It works great!

Jun 20, 2014 at 04:30 AM
John Skinner
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Right Choice - Sensor Cleaning System - Visible Dust

There was a thread a while back and I had asked about the raping that takes place over some of these products and their prices points. I bought one set, and then had a chance to use both products side by side.

IMO.... In a nutshell. Both the Copperhill and VD systems are over priced for what you get.

BUT !

I had given a bit of a slam towards the Copperhill due to some of the assembly required and the wand size they've chosen for FX sensors. I have had 3 months or so using the VisableDust and Copperhill now. The VD system is just whacky crazy stupidly insanely overpriced on all levels. Only people with some sort of sever vitamin deficiency effecting thought, spending and competency would ever contemplate this system. It's just WAY too over priced.

The Copperhill system (albeit got middle of the road marks from me) in the beginning. I have somewhat warmed up to and find it suitable and fairly cost effective when compared to the aforementioned insanity.

Their megakit (whatever they call it) is a fairly solid value. I do still have issue with their choices of swab SIZE and material size cut for those swabs. But it can be overcome with longer usage.

I like 'the little guy' aspect of the company and that goes a long way with me also.

SO.... a bit of a revision of my original thoughts on Copperhill.. I now give it the seal of non-insanity, and would probably recommend it to people.

Just my 10 cents.

Jun 20, 2014 at 06:30 AM
hrogersiii

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Right Choice - Sensor Cleaning System - Visible Dust

Thanks for the quick responses from all.
I opted for the Copper Hill mega kit with the 14 and 18mm sensor swab/brush sizes.

I look forward to getting it and trying it out.

Harry

Jun 21, 2014 at 12:18 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password