New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Four seasons.

ben egbert
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Four seasons.

I had plans to do four seasons at this location. I started with fall three years ago but was not able to get here in the winter, I may need snow shoes for that. Also, the first year was an exceptionally high water year and last year there was not enough water for a decent shot.

Summertime is a problem as there is usually lots of water pollution from phosphate run off (suds). For spring you need the heavy flow and nice green leaves but after the muddy look of early spring runoff is finished. I have also refined my composition over the last three years but the water flow sort of dictates that.

So here is spring and fall.

spring 2014

Fall 2011

Jun 17, 2014 at 09:12 AM
Wildcats_Fans
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Four seasons.

Nice shots and great idea

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:31 AM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Four seasons.

Wildcats_Fans wrote:
Nice shots and great idea

Thanks, I started doing four season stuff back in the 80's with a North Idaho barn and later with a bridge in Spokane.

For this one a good summer shot will look just like spring with less water and darker leaves. Otherwise a waste of time. But a good winter shot, especially with ice and frosty trees would be worthwhile. The big issue is the parking places are bermed over by the snow plow and its a long hard walk from the nearest parking place. Maybe I can get a driver to drop me off and pick me up later. .

I am adding a shot taken last August, when the water was low, the stream clogged with branches and lots of foam. I was clearing foam by hand but could not keep up with the formation of new foam. I suspect July will be a better month for a summer shot.

Last August

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:44 AM
P00kienrayray
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Four seasons.

Beautiful! Not feeling the frame borders though.

Jun 18, 2014 at 12:58 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Four seasons.

P00kienrayray wrote:
Beautiful! Not feeling the frame borders though.

Any suggestions? I use the borders available here when I upload. Lots of choices. I always just choose black matte. Also if you click the image, you get a black background.

Jun 18, 2014 at 03:43 PM
Camperjim
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Four seasons.

Nice idea and images. Borders are interesting. Black almost always seems to add impact but white seems to be almost universal for printed images. Some galleries mandate white matting.

Jun 19, 2014 at 04:00 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Four seasons.

Camperjim wrote:
Nice idea and images. Borders are interesting. Black almost always seems to add impact but white seems to be almost universal for printed images. Some galleries mandate white matting.

Thanks Jim, when I printed the fall version I used a double mat picking up brown and green. For this forum I will try white and black for a while. Afterall the forum is my audience.

Jun 19, 2014 at 04:54 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.