Username  

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · COTA 2013 WEC / ALMS "It's The Pits"

Therese Lombar

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · COTA 2013 WEC / ALMS "It's The Pits"

We had a wonderful time at the Circuit of the Americas last September. Got lots of walking in as that place is huge! Looking forward to attending again this year

The "Flying Scotsman" getting into the Audi.

Trading places with Loic Duval.

Tire change

Wait for it.............

Jun 16, 2014 at 08:02 PM
Jefferson
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · COTA 2013 WEC / ALMS "It's The Pits"

... ... nice ...

Jun 16, 2014 at 08:59 PM
f1photog

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · COTA 2013 WEC / ALMS "It's The Pits"

These I like! I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I want to make the trip to Austin in September.

What access did you have for this race? I'm curious how you got above the pit boxes.

Jun 17, 2014 at 08:28 AM
Therese Lombar

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · COTA 2013 WEC / ALMS "It's The Pits"

Jefferson and f1photog,

Thank you both for the generous comments. I was very nervous about posting as I still have a wide yellow rookie stripe across my "photographers bumper" with so very much to learn.

F1 have you been to COTA yet? I have to say that it's not my favorite track to shoot at, but I am looking forward to a return trip. A very good friend of ours got us access to the Audi suite, so my favorite shots are from above the pits. My husband said you can get suite passes for $500 for the weekend, and that will include food. (A bargain when you consider the cost of a burger at the track )

Any suggestions either of you have would be appreciated!

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:08 AM
Stormyy

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · COTA 2013 WEC / ALMS "It's The Pits"

Lots of saturation and contrast on these... turned out really well in my opinion.

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Therese Lombar

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · COTA 2013 WEC / ALMS "It's The Pits"

Thank you Stormyy! I took these with my little Canon Rebel and a rented lens, but we decided I'm way over due for an equipment upgrade so my husband bought me a Canon 7D for my birthday!!! I can hardly wait for the next race. Now I'm researching the next piece of glass to add to the collection. So much to learn!

Jun 17, 2014 at 12:27 PM
Therese Lombar

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · COTA 2013 WEC / ALMS "It's The Pits"

f1photog wrote:
These I like! I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I want to make the trip to Austin in September.

What access did you have for this race? I'm curious how you got above the pit boxes.

I'm just getting the hang of the posting on this website. We had a friend get us passes to the Audi suite. My husband said you can also buy suite passes for $500 for the weekend. Have you been COTA before?

Jun 17, 2014 at 06:06 PM
sharp45
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · COTA 2013 WEC / ALMS "It's The Pits"

Nice shots! The processing looks great

Jun 18, 2014 at 03:01 PM
sleepy717
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · COTA 2013 WEC / ALMS "It's The Pits"

I really like these shots. "Pit" action are some of my favorites as I have crewed on various cars for over 25 years. Very nice. More?

Jun 19, 2014 at 05:27 PM
Therese Lombar

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · COTA 2013 WEC / ALMS "It's The Pits"

sleepy717 wrote:
I really like these shots. "Pit" action are some of my favorites as I have crewed on various cars for over 25 years. Very nice. More?

You are so very kind! Don't have to ask me twice to share more What crews have you worked on Sleepy? I did post some of the No.99 Aston Martin V8 Vantage from the same race a few days ago.

Jun 19, 2014 at 05:51 PM
sleepy717
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · COTA 2013 WEC / ALMS "It's The Pits"

I crewed for several teams racing mid-west dirt and asphalt oval track going back to the 80's. I started with a friend on his team with his son as the driver in the mid 9'0' when the son was five racing quater midgets. As he "grew up", we moved up to legends, local Super Late models and dirt modifieds. Our "driver" left for engineering school, and has graduated back in November , 2013. We have kept racing whenever he can come home (locally in Minnesota & Wisconsin). After graduation, he moved to Florida and is working with the Patron team. Previous summers he had interned with a Trans Am team. He's flying home this weekend, so it will be a busy one. I'm rolling out about 0300 Friday morning to shoot the Trans Am race at Road America, run home Saturday night, work on the modified Sunday morning and race Sunday night. Back to work on Monday morning.

If you can, pleas post more. I have really enjoyed your shots.

Jun 19, 2014 at 07:39 PM
Therese Lombar

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · COTA 2013 WEC / ALMS "It's The Pits"

sleepy717 wrote:
I crewed for several teams racing mid-west dirt and asphalt oval track going back to the 80's. I started with a friend on his team with his son as the driver in the mid 9'0' when the son was five racing quater midgets. As he "grew up", we moved up to legends, local Super Late models and dirt modifieds. Our "driver" left for engineering school, and has graduated back in November , 2013. We have kept racing whenever he can come home (locally in Minnesota & Wisconsin). After graduation, he moved to Florida and is working with the Patron team.
...Show more

Heavens !! You're a busy fella, but it sounds like you're living the dream! Here are a couple from and earlier post, and I will set up some more as soon as I can. We're heading to Eastern Oregon bright and early, so I'm hoping to shoot some windsurfing on the way through the Columbia River Gorge. All the best to you on your very busy weekend!!

Jun 19, 2014 at 09:00 PM
Therese Lombar

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · COTA 2013 WEC / ALMS "It's The Pits"

sleepy717 wrote:
I crewed for several teams racing mid-west dirt and asphalt oval track going back to the 80's. I started with a friend on his team with his son as the driver in the mid 9'0' when the son was five racing quater midgets. As he "grew up", we moved up to legends, local Super Late models and dirt modifieds. Our "driver" left for engineering school, and has graduated back in November , 2013. We have kept racing whenever he can come home (locally in Minnesota & Wisconsin). After graduation, he moved to Florida and is working with the Patron team.
...Show more

The thrill of victory

Jun 19, 2014 at 09:02 PM
f1photog

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · COTA 2013 WEC / ALMS "It's The Pits"

Therese,

I shot the F1 race at COTA last year, but didn't have press access, so my opportunities were very limited. Seeing your photos is giving me a bit of a prod toward booking a trip there again in September. Hopefully there are more places from where I can shoot for the TUDOR/WEC events. Nicely done!

Jun 21, 2014 at 09:29 AM
Therese Lombar

p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · COTA 2013 WEC / ALMS "It's The Pits"

I did hear some grumbling about the media access from the boys making a living at this. Even in my own rookie shots, I noticed a lot of background stuff in editing I couldn't crop out that kind of took away from many of my pictures. But there are lots of good places to shoot from. You'll just get lots of exercise getting there.

What I'm really looking forward to is the WEC race going into the evening hours, and aiming for some night photography. It will be even better if we're able to get that access above the pits! My husband is mulling over the idea of paying for suite access if it's not gifted. We'll see..............

Jun 22, 2014 at 12:39 PM
Ccugolf
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · COTA 2013 WEC / ALMS "It's The Pits"

great shots

good job getting yourself into position to take the photos

Jun 22, 2014 at 08:37 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.