Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       end

EOS M solid walkaround?

Psychic1
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · EOS M solid walkaround?

Interesting, does the frame affix to the camera via the 1/4-20 threaded tripod hole and stay attached to the camera on a semi-permanent basis and then you decouple the viewfinder via the magnets to reduce bulk when required?

Exactly the way it works.

I attached the 135L with the Canon M adapter and it is extremely easy to hold steady and pan while shooting video.

Nifty little gadget.

Jul 23, 2014 at 08:10 PM
sirimiri
• • • •
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · EOS M solid walkaround?

Speaking of the EOS-M, has anybody had the AF assist somehow become linked to the shutter button, and refuse to turn off? I've reset the camera twice, have set custom function III (autofocus assist lamp) to "disable" every time, and yet the orange AF light turns on whenever I depress the shutter button.

It doesn't matter whether it's in the "green box" mode, PASM modes, or even on the video setting; touch the shutter button and the light comes on, and stays illuminated as long as I have my finger on the shutter button.

This has got to be some sort of malfunction, every time I take a photo, the durned lamp is on. I can't turn it off!!

Any advice? I must be missing some obvious setting somewhere...

Arrrrrrgh!!!

Jul 26, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Psychic1
• • • •
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · EOS M solid walkaround?

In addition to the vertical grip: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K1W7BYK/ref%3Doh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and the viewfinder: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EK7WDP4/ref%3Doh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I also added the Canon adapter and the new Canon EF-S 10-18 IS lens. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1051476-USA/canon_9519b002_ef_s_10_18mm_f_4_5_5_6_is.html

Very little distortion and more than suitable for real estate since my 1DsIII was stolen and I have decided to wait for Canon to release something major.

Jul 26, 2014 at 09:25 PM
JohnBrose
• • •
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · EOS M solid walkaround?

Haven't had that problem Sirimiri, but mine would turn off every now and then so I sent it in to Canon and they replaced the main board under warranty.

Jul 26, 2014 at 10:25 PM
sirimiri
• • • •
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · EOS M solid walkaround?

I can't figure out what the heck is causing this. Well, back to Canon it goes! I'll let you all know what happens.

Jul 27, 2014 at 08:20 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

intimistic
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · EOS M solid walkaround?

cheem wrote:
What would a focal reducer do? Allow you to mount M glass on EF bodies?

Have a look at this link it explains a Focal reducer pretty well.
It allows a full frame lens to be used on a crop sensor camera and roughly retain its full frame field of review, it also effectively makes the lens faster by a stop.

It is like a tele convertor in reverse, hope this helps.

http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2013/01/metabones-magic

Jul 27, 2014 at 09:51 AM
Gai Shan

p.5 #7 · p.5 #7 · EOS M solid walkaround?

Ah yes, let's revive the focal reducer discussion for the M.

Come on metabones, release it already!

Jul 29, 2014 at 08:34 PM
sirimiri
• • • •
p.5 #8 · p.5 #8 · EOS M solid walkaround?

sirimiri wrote:
I can't figure out what the heck is causing this. Well, back to Canon it goes! I'll let you all know what happens.

I should update my story: indeed, Canon took a look at the camera an replaced the main PCB. The fault only appeared *after* Canon serviced the camera the first time, so clearly I would say it was their responsibility to fix the camera.

Fix it they did, however as is often the case with Canon's repairs, they do right but often get something else wrong in a rather ham-fisted way. Case in point: the above lamp issue. This time, upon replacing the board they considered it an "out-of-warranty" goodwill repair as they declined to warranty the work.

This is incorrect on their part as they broke the lamp in the first place, during the in-warranty servicing.

But since the camera seems to work fine now for the 300 shots I've taken with it, I don't feel like spending the time arguing with them about it, given the value of the camera. If it were a 5DIII, I would take it up with them again.

Throughout the whole thing, I only paid to ship it to Canon once, which is good.

Aug 22, 2014 at 02:30 AM
ISO1600
• • • •
p.5 #9 · p.5 #9 · EOS M solid walkaround?

I miss my M and 22mm combo. Got it new for $199 and wish I wouldn't have sold it.
Was a GREAT walkaround low-light shooter!

Aug 22, 2014 at 08:22 AM
a_dee

p.5 #10 · p.5 #10 · EOS M solid walkaround?

I seriously considered the eos-m when shopping for a more lightweight and portable solution than my full frame bodies. I just never could convince myself to get it despite the low price (~$249) because of the af performance due to always and only having live view. In the end I got a great price on the SL1 and have thoroughly enjoyed how much it shares in terms with the full size bodies and full compatibility with the rest of the canon system. It only has one center cross point but it's sufficient for most situations and fast and accurate.

Aug 22, 2014 at 04:01 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password