Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · O.T. perparing an image for T-shirt printing.

pokemanyz
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · O.T. perparing an image for T-shirt printing.

Sorry if this is the wrong place. I need a quick answer if possible.
One of my pics of Austin Mincey, who died during a motocross race, needs to be prepared for printing on a T-shirt.

I did shoot in RAW and it's a decent pic. I'm not sure what I should do to it to prepare it.
A bit of sharpening? Some levels tweaking? I guess I would be emailing this to the recipient. So not sure of the size needed for that

I use Steve Perry's actions for web sharpening but I don't think that's the way to go for this project.
Any tips appreciated.

Jun 13, 2014 at 04:30 PM
Jefferson
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · O.T. perparing an image for T-shirt printing.

You could cross post in Post-processing & Printing ...

Jefferson

Jun 13, 2014 at 04:52 PM
chipiii

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · O.T. perparing an image for T-shirt printing.

Hi,
To me it is a matter of how it will be printed.

Standard screen printing, will use several screens to simulate a 4 color process, 8 to 10 if I remember correctly and it will not be as photo realistic as possible.

DTG or "Direct to Garment printing is actually printing right on the garment with a big inkjet printer that includes the ability to print white ink. Resolution is probably around 1200 dpi. Much better than screen printing but not as permanent.

Sublimation printing is printing on the garment, must be 100 percent polyester and white to start with.

Most screen printers will do the color separations in house for you.
DTG and sublimation don't require that.

You might be able to get more information here....... www.coloradotimberline.com for DTG and Sublimation printing. If the client is doing thousands they could do it with sublimation on fabric and then assemble the shirt after the printing similar to the all over printing on bike jerseys.

I hope that helps a little.

Oh yeah, The size of the imprint depends on the available imprint area for the process used, typically about 12 by 12

Regards,

Chip

Jun 13, 2014 at 06:34 PM
quadmama
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · O.T. perparing an image for T-shirt printing.

Adjust levels, shadows, etc as needed and send them the full raw or jpg file(low or no compression). If they are using a good shirt place they will take it from there as to what they need.

Jun 14, 2014 at 12:10 PM
pokemanyz
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · O.T. perparing an image for T-shirt printing.

quadmama wrote:
Adjust levels, shadows, etc as needed and send them the full raw or jpg file(low or no compression). If they are using a good shirt place they will take it from there as to what they need.

Thanks, that's what I'll do.

Jun 14, 2014 at 04:33 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.