FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Collieston Scotland

aidanjones88

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Collieston Scotland

Hello
I am usually to be found in the people section as this is what I mostly shoot. Saying that however, just for fun I took a 30 min drive into the countryside and found this little river and just couldn't resist but to try my hand at landscape.

C&C welcome

Jun 13, 2014 at 12:44 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Collieston Scotland

Hi Aidan,

What a nice tranquil scene here. I really like those foreground flowers, they set the scene off very nicely. I am thinking you should consider shooting more landscape shots!

Jim

Jun 13, 2014 at 02:12 PM
AmdAntonio

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Collieston Scotland

Fantastic landscape.!

Jun 13, 2014 at 03:46 PM
aidanjones88

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Collieston Scotland

Thank you both very much indeed.

Aidan

Jun 14, 2014 at 12:57 PM
dgdg
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Collieston Scotland

what a beautifully well composed scene. I like this a lot.

Be careful with the sun. I think the blown area in the sky is acceptable to my eyes, but the effect is exaggerated on the lake. You might consider shooting this when the sun is lower on the horizon (just peaking through the tree tops?) or begin the fun of blending bracketed images. Sometimes the best landscape shots are from locals who have the fortune to find the ideal conditions for their favorite spots.

Very nice.

Welcome to landscape! Please come back!!!

David

Jun 16, 2014 at 07:39 AM
berenosphoto
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Collieston Scotland

Very beautiful serene photograph. I like how you used the flowers and grass to naturally frame the photograph and the cloud movement created by the long(ish?) exposure.

I second David's observation about the highlights which are a bit hot, but perhaps you have bracketed the exposure which would enable you to blend or use a more underexposed take?

Jun 16, 2014 at 08:09 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.