Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Bay Bridge at night...

charlieboy
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Bay Bridge at night...

I know it's been done a million times but this is my shot of the Bay bridge from the Embarcadero near Howard St. in San Francisco, CA. The cement pilings that stick up out of the water in the foreground are left over from an old pier that has since been abandoned. They are lit by the street lights behind, which gives a surreal glow.

Jun 11, 2014 at 10:30 PM
pinball
• • •
p.1 #2 · Bay Bridge at night...

kewl shot

Jun 12, 2014 at 12:08 AM
raysnipper

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Bay Bridge at night...

Nice one !!

Jun 12, 2014 at 12:27 AM
CH3NO2
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Bay Bridge at night...

Nice charlieboy

Jun 12, 2014 at 12:41 AM
fingerda
• •
p.1 #5 · Bay Bridge at night...

Very nice!

DaveF

Jun 12, 2014 at 12:45 AM
Jonathan Huynh
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · Bay Bridge at night...

Very nice.

Jun 12, 2014 at 03:11 AM
rcteague

p.1 #7 · Bay Bridge at night...

Man that's beautiful can never see to many bridge shots at night

Jun 13, 2014 at 01:10 AM
philtax
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Bay Bridge at night...

Great one Charlieboy. The lighting is amazing.

Phil

Jun 13, 2014 at 04:58 PM
s_davin

p.1 #9 · Bay Bridge at night...

Love these shots of the bay bridge. Even if they've been done before there's always something new with each photographers vision of it.

Jun 15, 2014 at 09:38 PM
CH3NO2
• • • •
p.1 #10 · Bay Bridge at night...

s_davin wrote:
Love these shots of the bay bridge. Even if they've been done before there's always something new with each photographers vision of it.

I agree...looking at the image again Charlieboy did a great job.

Jun 16, 2014 at 06:55 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

boingyman
• • •
p.1 #11 · Bay Bridge at night...

If it's done a million times, why shoot it? Another one for a cookie cutter portfolio? I'll be the first to admit that I'm guilty of many cookie cutter shots, including this one, but only recently when I evaluated my shooting that I realized it brought me very little to no satisfactory. My cookie cutter bucketlist emptied out. What a relief...

Just my personal thoughts. It has nothing to do about thinking I'm too good or whatever to shoot x or do a certain type of photography. It's more about my personal satisfaction with photography. At the end to each their own.

Jun 16, 2014 at 07:35 PM
joesfbay

p.1 #12 · Bay Bridge at night...

Very nice.

Jun 16, 2014 at 10:13 PM
charlieboy
• • •
p.1 #13 · Bay Bridge at night...

boingyman wrote:
If it's done a million times, why shoot it? Another one for a cookie cutter portfolio? I'll be the first to admit that I'm guilty of many cookie cutter shots, including this one, but only recently when I evaluated my shooting that I realized it brought me very little to no satisfactory. My cookie cutter bucketlist emptied out. What a relief...

Just my personal thoughts. It has nothing to do about thinking I'm too good or whatever to shoot x or do a certain type of photography. It's more about my personal satisfaction with photography. At the end to each
...Show more

I shot it because I loved the view and wanted to shoot it myself. I didn't consider it "cookie cutter" just a popular spot. This shot brought me much satisfaction so sorry if you were not too satisfied. In the end I shoot for me and not to fill a "portfolio".

Jun 17, 2014 at 07:04 PM
inmyframe

p.1 #14 · Bay Bridge at night...

what a beautiful shot

Jun 17, 2014 at 07:50 PM
boingyman
• • •
p.1 #15 · Bay Bridge at night...

charlieboy wrote:
I shot it because I loved the view and wanted to shoot it myself. I didn't consider it "cookie cutter" just a popular spot. This shot brought me much satisfaction so sorry if you were not too satisfied. In the end I shoot for me and not to fill a "portfolio".

If it makes you happy then that's all it matters. Also this shot doesn't get more cookie cutter then this regardless of weather, light and conditions. Also my comment wasn't a jab at you. I'm just sometimes curious on one's thoughts and reasoning behind a shot. I guess when you're a overthinking analyzer like me something a simple question as this is hard to answer honestly.

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:12 PM
billsnature
• • •
p.1 #16 · Bay Bridge at night...

I find it a very nice shot and would like to now a bit more about the equipment, shot details and PP. Should I be able to see an EXTF? Am I just ignorant of how to see it ? or can the OP share some details?

Bill

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:20 PM
maylemay

p.1 #17 · Bay Bridge at night...

I love the lighting on this shot

Jun 18, 2014 at 08:53 PM
renowood

p.1 #18 · Bay Bridge at night...

Very nice.

I for one have always been a little apprehensive about wondering around bridges at night with valuable photo gear, but that area of the Embarcadero is usually fairly busy.

As for cookie cutter shots, don't tell my family that I'm not the first one in Yosemite with a camera. There goes my annual calendar Christmas gift.

Jun 18, 2014 at 09:24 PM
onetimeoneplac

p.1 #19 · Bay Bridge at night...

I don't really mind cookie cutter shots if they have an interesting twist to them. In this case, the lighting and reflections are the twists

Jun 19, 2014 at 12:57 AM
Chris Moy
• • •
p.1 #20 · Bay Bridge at night...

GREAT shot!

Jun 19, 2014 at 07:55 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password