Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Photography Spots Oahu and Kona

Soul_Rebel_TO

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Photography Spots Oahu and Kona

Greetings!

I have been lurking here for a while now. I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask the question, if it isn't, please move the thread to the right forum.

I'm going to Oahu and Kona for three nights too this weekend. I'm looking for some spots to take landscape photos ( sunsets, waterfalls etc), some milky way shots and birds (if possible).

Any recommendations - feel free to add you photos taken in Oahu and Kona.

Cheers.

Jun 11, 2014 at 03:01 AM
gromitc

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Photography Spots Oahu and Kona

I've only been to Oahu. If you take 72, you will easily find nice spots for photos. By the way, sunset at the Waikiki beach (near the Hilton hotel) is beautiful. Also, don't miss Hanauma Bay!

Jun 15, 2014 at 02:40 AM
Nancy Asquith
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Photography Spots Oahu and Kona

For birding, anywhere, I have discovered the most wonderful resource: http://ebird.org/ebird/hotspots. Just move the map to Hawai'i for exact location of birding "hotspots," what birds are there, and what time of year they were last seen.

Nancy

Jun 15, 2014 at 04:37 PM
PotchieR

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Photography Spots Oahu and Kona

Just like gromitc said, if you take 72 there are plenty of nice spots for photos. You'll pass Coco head crater if you stay on that road. If you want to take a sunrise photo, I suggest you get there really early because it can get crowded. For sunsets, there's a nice park in front of the Ala Moana mall near downtown Waikiki where you can get some awesome shots. Waterfalls, too many. You'll have to hike and it's usually always muddy. If you have or know someone with military access, you can get some beautiful sunset pictures at Hickam flats in Hickam Air Force Base.

Jun 16, 2014 at 05:15 AM
techie2

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Photography Spots Oahu and Kona

China Man's hat, Haleiwa, Sunset Beach, Blow Hole, Hanauma Bay, Pearl Harbor, Sandy Beach, Tantalus, Diamond Head, Pali Lookout, Waimea Bay, Waimanalo, Waianae etc. You'll run out of time before you run out of locations. Definitely will need a Polarizing or ND filter.

Word of caution (I lived there 11 years) do not think that by locking your equipment in the trunk that it will be safe. Remember you will be a tourist and be polite to the locals and lastly if a beach looks inviting because it is deserted or sparsely populated, there is a reason for that, either bad rip current or robberies of personal possessions and car break-ins.

Enjoy the islands, there truly are a paradise.

Jul 23, 2014 at 08:56 PM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password