FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · West Coast View of Acadia National Park

gnbuzz
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · West Coast View of Acadia National Park

dhou wrote:
Glenn - Love this series of a place close to my heart! Being from NH, Acadia NP and Bar Harbor are two of my favorite places in Maine.

Also reminds me of how much I have to learn as I've visited and taken many photos of these exact locations, but have yet to be able to capture the light and mood as you have here.

Thanks for the kind words! How cool a place is Bar Harbor to have so close to the park? I also love Portsmouth, which I assume is not far from you.

G

Edited on Jun 11, 2014 at 07:21 PM · View previous versions

Jun 11, 2014 at 05:05 PM
dhou

p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · West Coast View of Acadia National Park

gnbuzz wrote:
Thanks for the kind words! How cool a place is Bar Harbor to have so close to the park? I also live Portsmouth, which I assume is not far from you.
G

Not far at all! I live just outside of Concord so just about an hour west of you. Off topic, but there's nothing like spending a day in Acadia and enjoying the night at Bar Harbor!

I'm a bit of a newbie on these boards, but I thought by your sig you are from Seattle WA?

Jun 11, 2014 at 06:59 PM
gnbuzz
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · West Coast View of Acadia National Park

dhou wrote:
Not far at all! I live just outside of Concord so just about an hour west of you. Off topic, but there's nothing like spending a day in Acadia and enjoying the night at Bar Harbor!

I'm a bit of a newbie on these boards, but I thought by your sig you are from Seattle WA?

Yes, I'm from Seattle, but my daughter has been attending UNE the past couple years. She stayed a while in northeastern Massachusetts with her aunt and uncle. So, to get to Portland, we'd drive through Portsmouth. (I erroneous wrote "live" when I meant "love."

Jun 11, 2014 at 07:20 PM
Mark Metternich
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · West Coast View of Acadia National Park

Nice pleasing series! Great job on them.

Jun 11, 2014 at 07:59 PM
dhou

p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · West Coast View of Acadia National Park

gnbuzz wrote:
Yes, I'm from Seattle, but my daughter has been attending UNE the past couple years. She stayed a while in northeastern Massachusetts with her aunt and uncle. So, to get to Portland, we'd drive through Portsmouth. (I erroneous wrote "live" when I meant "love."

Portland and Portsmouth - both great towns along the coast! The variety of topography here in the Northeast is what got me interested in landscape photography in the first place.

Anyways, great series and hope to see more!

Jun 11, 2014 at 08:31 PM
gnbuzz
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · West Coast View of Acadia National Park

Mark Metternich wrote:
Nice pleasing series! Great job on them.

Thanks! It's nice having certain tools in my box. I have to master them before becoming any kind of testimony.

Jun 11, 2014 at 08:33 PM
Jonathan Huynh
• • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · West Coast View of Acadia National Park

Very nice shots.

Jun 11, 2014 at 08:51 PM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · West Coast View of Acadia National Park

a sweet set Glenn.. the first two would be my favorites

Jun 13, 2014 at 04:14 AM
rickberk
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · West Coast View of Acadia National Park

Beautiful shots. Headed there in August and hoping to catch some of the same spots. I like the third try at Little Hunter's Beach the best.

Jun 13, 2014 at 01:15 PM
wolfcreek

p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · West Coast View of Acadia National Park

Wow! I was there several years ago and didn't get the opportunity to see Acadia as you did. Nice work!

Jun 13, 2014 at 02:04 PM
wolfcreek

p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · West Coast View of Acadia National Park

Wow! I was there several years ago and didn't get the opportunity to see Acadia as you did. Nice work!

Jun 13, 2014 at 02:04 PM
ruvya

[X]
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · West Coast View of Acadia National Park

I'm not a HDR fan but I do like your shots and likewise story. You sure have experienced Acadia better than I did 25 years ago.

Jun 18, 2014 at 12:36 PM
gnbuzz
• • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · West Coast View of Acadia National Park

ruvya wrote:
I'm not a HDR fan but I do like your shots and likewise story. You sure have experienced Acadia better than I did 25 years ago.

Hi, thanks for the kind words. None of my shots used any HDR. It's probably the huge amount of detail and tonal range from the Nikon D800, combined with some wayward post-processing techniques!

Jun 18, 2014 at 12:53 PM
Blake.Kinder
• •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · West Coast View of Acadia National Park

Very Nice set!

Jun 18, 2014 at 12:54 PM
Wildcats_Fans
• • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · West Coast View of Acadia National Park

Excellent photos

Jun 18, 2014 at 02:24 PM
mariposaland

p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · West Coast View of Acadia National Park

Great job Glenn on that last take of Little Hunters Beach. I don't know where that is but it looks like you hit it right. This is a Maine beach for sure. I love the pebbles in the foreground all the way out to the dramatic clouds in the background. Nice selfie also… Keep up the good work and thank you for sharing.

Jun 20, 2014 at 07:31 PM
       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.