Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Flower report for CA?

aFeinberg
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Flower report for CA?

Aloha all!

Headed to CA for a week and wondering if anyone knows the status of the rhodys up in the redwoods (this coming weekend) or flowers down in Big Sur.

Much thanks for the help!!

aF

Jun 10, 2014 at 04:32 AM
fishjump
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Flower report for CA?

Rhody's are already over (they were three weeks early this year).

I think everything was running early this year.

Jun 10, 2014 at 09:23 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Flower report for CA?

Yep, Rhodies are all over... I was up there 3 weeks ago, maybe 4, and they were blooming then and starting the downward side. As Fishjump said, all the wildflowers, at least in California bloomed 3 weeks early.

But Michael Frye was just up there and it looks like he got some really sweet shots without the Rhodies, just working the morning fog.

Jim

Jun 10, 2014 at 12:51 PM
aFeinberg
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Flower report for CA?

Ah, nothing like climate change to really mess things up haha.

Thanks for the heads up all. Looks like I might stick to the bay area and play with the fog there

aF

Jun 10, 2014 at 06:23 PM
GroovyGeek
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Flower report for CA?

aFeinberg wrote:
Ah, nothing like climate change to really mess things up haha.

Thanks for the heads up all. Looks like I might stick to the bay area and play with the fog there

aF

A few years ago I had the bright idea of hitting Glacier NP for 7/4 weekend. Packed up the car, was getting ready to take off, my wife comes back and asks whether I looked up the conditions 'cause her boss is from Montana and says there is crazy snow. Ooops... Turns out this particular year Logan pass remained closed for most of the summer, opened for a few weeks to close again shortly thereafter. Drove off to Southern Oregon instead, then shot wildflowers in PEAK BLOOM on Rainier on Labor day weekend. Go figure...

Jun 11, 2014 at 02:35 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.