Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Another Magnolia Flower
  
 
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Another Magnolia Flower


Here is another shot of that magnolia flower I posted a couple of days ago but with a different crop and background. I hope you like it.

Here is the color version. http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1299863







Jun 10, 2014 at 06:36 AM
lostinjapan
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Another Magnolia Flower


Nice! I prefer this one.

Well done!

Ryan



Jun 10, 2014 at 08:30 AM
lazlo369
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Another Magnolia Flower


Both of them get my vote.
I got a split personality Endre



Jun 10, 2014 at 12:11 PM
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Another Magnolia Flower


Thanks, Ryan! I am delighted that you like it!

All best wishes,

Endre

lostinjapan wrote:
Nice! I prefer this one.

Well done!

Ryan




Jun 10, 2014 at 05:00 PM
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Another Magnolia Flower


Thanks, Lazlo, my friend. It's possible to like two versions equally. I'm always happy when you like my work.

Warm regards,

Endre

lazlo369 wrote:
Both of them get my vote.
I got a split personality Endre




Jun 10, 2014 at 05:02 PM
Danpbphoto
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Another Magnolia Flower


You really have this technique nailed Endre!
I really like the color version because of the contrast and blending of colors that accent the simple blossom of the magnolia.
The b/w really adds mystery to the composition...sort of I am hiding(darkness on the right of the main) then center WOW of light and the textured backdrop..then fade to dark on the left.
Just a pleasure to view...in fact a double pleasure with the color version.
Dan



Jun 10, 2014 at 10:47 PM
tomandmarj
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · Another Magnolia Flower


maybe it is the new format, or the half-hidden seed, or the lovely tones and textures on
the leaves, but this image appears to have more drama than most flower photos. it is one I would never tire of viewing.
regards, tom



Jun 10, 2014 at 10:53 PM
Dougo
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · Another Magnolia Flower


That's all I have to say Endre

Cheers Ray



Jun 11, 2014 at 01:30 AM
Scrappin4utx
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · Another Magnolia Flower


Stunning...absolutely stunning!!!


Jun 11, 2014 at 02:35 AM
robertades
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · Another Magnolia Flower


Strad, I like the shot and I prefer the B&W one. Did you use Nik for the conversion, or somethng else?


Jun 11, 2014 at 03:35 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · Another Magnolia Flower


Thank you, Dan, my friend! I am doubly delighted that you like both of them for such interesting reasons. I appreciate your very kind comments.

Warm regards,

Endre

Danpbphoto wrote:
You really have this technique nailed Endre!
I really like the color version because of the contrast and blending of colors that accent the simple blossom of the magnolia.
The b/w really adds mystery to the composition...sort of I am hiding(darkness on the right of the main) then center WOW of light and the textured backdrop..then fade to dark on the left.
Just a pleasure to view...in fact a double pleasure with the color version.
Dan




Jun 11, 2014 at 07:51 PM
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · Another Magnolia Flower


[Thanks so much, Tom! I appreciate your very kind and detailed comments.

Do you mean that this has more drama then most flower photos OR that it has more drama than most of MY flower photos?

All best wishes,

Endre

quote]tomandmarj wrote:
maybe it is the new format, or the half-hidden seed, or the lovely tones and textures on
the leaves, but this image appears to have more drama than most flower photos. it is one I would never tire of viewing.
regards, tom




Jun 11, 2014 at 07:53 PM
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · Another Magnolia Flower


Thanks, Ray!

All the best,

Endre

Dougo wrote:
That's all I have to say Endre

Cheers Ray




Jun 11, 2014 at 07:54 PM
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · Another Magnolia Flower


I appreciate it!

All the best,

Endre

Scrappin4utx wrote:
Stunning...absolutely stunning!!!




Jun 11, 2014 at 07:55 PM
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · Another Magnolia Flower


Thanks, Robert! I'm so glad you like it!

I have Nik Silverlight and have tried using it with some success, although I find that I prefer using an action I've got for B&W conversion, since it does a nice conversion only faster.

All the best,

Endre

robertades wrote:
Strad, I like the shot and I prefer the B&W one. Did you use Nik for the conversion, or somethng else?




Jun 11, 2014 at 07:58 PM
tomandmarj
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · Another Magnolia Flower


Endre - Both!
keep them coming or do I need to say that?! just hoping you continue . . . . .
regards, tom



Jun 11, 2014 at 09:56 PM
viczig
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · Another Magnolia Flower


Beautifully done.

Vic



Jun 12, 2014 at 01:06 AM
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · Another Magnolia Flower


No, Tom, you need not admonish me to keep my photos coming. It's what I do. I appreciate the kind vote of confidence, though.

All best wishes,

Endre

tomandmarj wrote:
Endre - Both!
keep them coming or do I need to say that?! just hoping you continue . . . . .
regards, tom




Jun 12, 2014 at 08:51 PM
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · Another Magnolia Flower


Thanks so much, Vic. I'm glad you like it!

All best wishes,

Endre

viczig wrote:
Beautifully done.

Vic




Jun 12, 2014 at 08:51 PM
Henry W
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · Another Magnolia Flower


I don't visit here often but always check out your photos.

I can easily say this is my favorite yours.

If this was musical performance I would be standing and applauding.

BRAVO!!!



Jun 14, 2014 at 01:03 AM
1
       2       end




FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password