Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · FS: **RED** Canon EF 400mm f/2.8 ll Non-IS

Craig Yannuzzi
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · FS: **RED** Canon EF 400mm f/2.8 ll Non-IS

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Canon EF 400mm f/2.8 ll Non-IS

Available

Price: $3,400.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean

Bought this lens a few months ago from a fellow FMer. What follows below is the text from his ad as are the pictures linked below. The lens is in the EXACT same shape as when I bought it. It shows signs of wear but as stated below it is a beast of a lens, the glass is perfect, and the images from it are as sharp as to be expected. I have had ZERO issues with the lens and I'm only selling it because LAX season is over. That and my family was too embarrassed every time I took it out! Really Funny how they didn't complain when looking at the images it produced!

....."This is the version II of the Canon 400mm f/2.8 (Non-IS). I am going to try and describe very little thing wrong with the body (not much at all!) but want to make sure you know and can see every little detail since it is a large purchase.

This lens is a absolute beast. I have had 0 problems with this lens. The AF is still incredibly fast and spot on. It is one of the sharpest lenses that I own (see sample image below). Overall the body is in very good condition. Some marks have been touched up, but they are not noticeable at all (and was from typical use, not abused at all). The plate with the "Canon 400mm f.2.8L II" does have some marks on it. You can see some spots where it was bumped, but there is no paint missing. There is only a tiny nick or two where there is no paint (tried to picture it in the link)

And in a couple of areas the rubber ring round the front/glass area has a couple of scuffs and is pulling up in a place or two. That is very typical for a lens like this and I am sure can be fixed with some super glue. The same thing happened to the next rubber ring in (not the focus ring, the one between the focus and the front)

The glass does not have any marks on it.

The hood does have some wear on the inside of it around where it attaches to the lens, but nothing you will even notice when it is on the camera. Also, I had to add a couple of screws to hold in the little pins that keep it in place (to replace the canon ones that fell out) but they are fully functional, just have a silver top vs a white one to blend in. You can see some spots where it was bumped, not really noticeable, but if you look for it.

The lens trunk has a couple of black marks on it, but it could even come off with a scrubbing, I just have not worried about it since it is the case.

The sale comes with the lens, 400mm lens trunk, neoprene lens cap, end cap.

Asking $3,600 which includes insured shipping.

Preference shown to established FMers.

PM or E-Mail is fine.

Thanks for looking.

Pics of the lens can be found here: http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/37280155_fvqcRr#!i=3094410659&k=GqchQZk

100% crop of above

Edited on Jul 30, 2014 at 07:13 AM · View previous versions

Jun 09, 2014 at 07:57 PM
SunBlack
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · FS: **RED** Canon EF 400mm f/2.8 ll Non-IS

PM sent.

Jul 02, 2014 at 04:54 PM
gtjohnson
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · FS: **RED** Canon EF 400mm f/2.8 ll Non-IS

Dang Craig ... this is the next lens in my lineup, I'm just not ready financially to make the move. I'm not far from you either - Buck County boy. Put it back in the closet for a few months while I search the sofa daily for loose change ...

Gary

Jul 03, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Craig Yannuzzi
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · FS: **RED** Canon EF 400mm f/2.8 ll Non-IS

gtjohnson wrote:
Dang Craig ... this is the next lens in my lineup, I'm just not ready financially to make the move. I'm not far from you either - Buck County boy. Put it back in the closet for a few months while I search the sofa daily for loose change ...

Gary

I'll put it on lay-a-way and meet you in New Hope when you're ready!

Jul 03, 2014 at 03:34 PM
speakit101
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · FS: **RED** Canon EF 400mm f/2.8 ll Non-IS

Do you still have

Jul 09, 2014 at 12:33 PM
Craig Yannuzzi
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · FS: **RED** Canon EF 400mm f/2.8 ll Non-IS

Yes. Lens is still available.

Jul 09, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Craig Yannuzzi
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · FS: **RED** Canon EF 400mm f/2.8 ll Non-IS

Lens is still available.

Jul 28, 2014 at 08:50 PM
Craig Yannuzzi
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · FS: **RED** Canon EF 400mm f/2.8 ll Non-IS

Price reduced!

Jul 30, 2014 at 07:15 AM
airbphoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · FS: **RED** Canon EF 400mm f/2.8 ll Non-IS

Great lens, Craig... GLWS!!!

Jul 30, 2014 at 07:49 AM
Craig Yannuzzi
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · FS: **RED** Canon EF 400mm f/2.8 ll Non-IS

still available. thanks.

Aug 10, 2014 at 10:24 AM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.