New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · How We Eat: Little Serow

Evan Baines
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How We Eat: Little Serow

Little Serow is a small restaurant that operates in a basement near Dupont Circle in Washington DC. It has no sign out front and the door is unmarked except by the presence of a dilapidated moped chained to the railing. The restaurant takes no reservations, can only take parties of 4 or less, and offers only one fixed menu. Most any day the restaurant plans to open, people will begin lining up anywhere from one to two hours beforehand in hope of securing a seat. When the restaurant finally opens, those who arrived early enough either enter for dinner or reserve a place in one of the later seatings.

The food at Little Serow is truly extraordinary. The chef's use of texture and of a rich blend of unfamiliar (to Western palates) flavors, along with a judicious use of considerable heat, provide a truly excellent culinary experience. The house-made vermouth and other beer, wine, and liquor pairings are always expertly done. Perhaps the odd experience of waiting on a long line and earning a seat adds a sense of victory to the flavor profile.

Opening Time at Little Serow
http://bainesphoto.com/files/gimgs/22_serow-3.jpg

(some additional images that I think are less effective as stand alone images, but provide some context)

http://www.evanbaines.com/fredmiranda/serow-1.jpg

http://www.evanbaines.com/fredmiranda/serow-2.jpg

Jun 09, 2014 at 07:29 PM
mdbrown9999
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How We Eat: Little Serow

Great use of b&w.

So when is the chain opening in Phoenix? Checked their menu out online ...... looks like Thai food

Jun 09, 2014 at 07:38 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How We Eat: Little Serow

The girl in the dress is cute. Hopefully she has a handsome doctor to eat with.

Jun 09, 2014 at 07:39 PM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How We Eat: Little Serow

will check it out next time I go to the zoo

Jun 10, 2014 at 06:07 AM
qwyjibo
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How We Eat: Little Serow

I thought about going last year when in DC for work, but was dissuaded when I was told there wasn't a chance we'd get to eat. So, I'd love to hear more about the meal....

I like the series, with the 3rd of wife and crowd being my favorite. Despite liking it the most, it feels a little uneasy, like you were fighting to get her to the right of the frame with the line leading back across the scene, but ran out of room.

Jun 11, 2014 at 03:02 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.